Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking help

• 08-02-2003 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I am such an idiot! An hour ago I had my perfectly working sim free nokia 5510. Anyway I was playing around with it and accidently locked it to another country! Don't even know which one!

Does anyone know can it be unlocked without flashing it? I have an mbus cable for it. Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

use eeprom tools with your mbus cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ray Quinn

If u got the phone from ESat or Eircell they might be kind enough to send you the NAC code for the it. (if it's old enough)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thanks for the help but I managed to get some software to fix it. As it turns out I'm getting a new phone in about 3weeks anyway! thanks for the help though.

Whats a NAC by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Mean_Mudda

NAC is a code that u type into ur phone to unlock it.
    for nokia phones it's of the format:
    #pw+<10-digit-number>+1#

Mobile companies are generally reluctant to give em out unless the phone is old and you've spent loadsa money with em :-)
    Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thanks for the help.

While we are on the subject of locking and unlocking, I'm getting a simfree nokia 3650 in about 3 weeks. Can I lock it to my sim card myself. Or do I need the NAC to do that? Is there any software I can get to find it out? Cos I see Brophy is advertising he can get the code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭happydude13

I would not be entirely confident that the NG phones will be totally unlocked.

Advertisement