Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know colin powells email

Options
  • 08-02-2003 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

only i got some intelligence info i'd like to paste to the general

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

what????? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

whatty??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hope you're not thinking about emailing the US government anything stupid...

A friend of mine knew someone in her college who mailed a death threat to Clinton when he was president. FBI agents showed up in the college (IN DUBLIN) to interrogate him within four days of the mail being sent.

I personally knew someone who mailed a death threat (as a joke) from a web café in Limerick to John Bruton (Taoiseach at the time). The Irish secret service (whatever they're called...) showed up just under a week later.

Funny how the FBI were faster.

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Bard,

i worry about you.

If the above is true then you know two people who send death threats.

If the above is false then you are an unbar legend spreading muppet.

:rolleyes:

:bards night of fun:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    If the above is true then you know two people who send death threats.

Incorrect.

I knew ONE person who sent A death threat.

I no longer know that person.

And yes, the above post IS true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Originally posted by Bard
    Hope you're not thinking about emailing the US government anything stupid...

A friend of mine knew someone in her college who mailed a death threat to Clinton when he was president. FBI agents showed up in the college (IN DUBLIN) to interrogate him within four days of the mail being sent.

I personally knew someone who mailed a death threat (as a joke) from a web café in Limerick to John Bruton (Taoiseach at the time). The Irish secret service (whatever they're called...) showed up just under a week later.

Funny how the FBI were faster.

This is true.

lol the irish secret service eh web cafe hehe
    you must be talking about the ERU english rugby union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I heard it's token.ethnic@warmongers.gov

Yep, nothing like a nice warm onger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

nice to see the humour board is bustling with nothing but hilarious topics...

anyway, I'd check whitehouse.gov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

i smell an urban myth here people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

i heard its iwannawarwithiraqandseealotofinnocentpeopledieforoil@wannawar.com

they have to have them long because so that people wont guess them./

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Found this website
    http://www.mim.net/Newsroom/Briefings/Brf-060702.html

Which has his email address
    You may contact the President.
    His email address is:<president@whitehouse.gov>
    Colin Powell's email address is <Secretary@state.gov>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

cough* politics board *cough

This is totally off-topic in context of the humour board and not funny.....obviously..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey cover your mouth when you cough, I don't want your bugs!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Originally posted by Chada
    cough* politics board *cough

This is totally off-topic in context of the humour board and not funny.....obviously..

Talk like that will get ya banned, you know the rules just give the thread a bad rating and be on your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Talk like that will get ya banned, you know the rules just give the thread a bad rating and be on your way.

And how would you go about giving it an OT rating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

do we have a secret service in this country?????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dragon heart

we do but now i have to kill you!!! you know too much:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

seriously, i'm fascinated by this.

i've NEVER heard anyting about them.

anyone want to enlighten me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Their based near kilmanham as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dragon heart

seriously there is the army ranger wing as for the police i dnt know somehow i dont think so but hey who knows???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

all i know is that the goverment gave it some money in the budget about 2 years ago but could not tell us what it was for and why the secret service needed it.

Beacuse it was the secret service.

Interesting article here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Darth Henry
    seriously, i'm fascinated by this.

i've NEVER heard anyting about them.

anyone want to enlighten me?

No. Its's a SECRET service.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

AFAIK both the army and the Gardai have a "secret service".

The army version is possibly known as G2(confirmed this by non-lazily reading the link posted by irishgeo, ta!), and was primarily tasked with observing the activities of the left wing groups (and their ties to Republicans) which emerged throughout the last 60 or so years. Should have been easy, it was the usual Stalinistas in the SWP protesting about Mrs. Smith not getting her milk!:D

Seriously though, following the collapse of the Soviet Bloc they were out of work. Now that Osama stalks the earth they are busy watching the coming and goings of various middle eastern folk, and the flow of money in and out of Irish banks from that region.

As for the rozzers? Busy watching the Chuckies mostly. I remember passing the Oakwood Arms in Shannon about 5 years ago the day that Martin Ferris was to hold an event there to lauch his Euro election capaign. The place was swarming with the feckers, and they were far from secret!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bard's first story is certainly true, it happened in DCU in '93-94. The full story is that the guy sent the mail from the computer of a classmate of his while she was AFK and the FBI came to investigate her. She, naturally, had no idea what was going on, until they showed her the e-mail and the guy eventually owned up. A life ban from entering America, a ban from sitting exams for 12 months and instant celebrity ensued for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Signing the odd petition can be bad for your health as well.

I heard a story of somebody signing a petition against Reagan's bombing of Libya in the 80s, then a few years later being refused a visa to the US because their name showed up on a State Department list somewhere.

Moral of the story is...your name is Gerry Adams! They'll never refuse him entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I have heard of a group nicknamed the Garda Red Squad, who are supposedly associated with watching the comings and goings of those who would be considered high risk,ie terrorists. Unfortunatley I have no litrature to back this up.

Advertisement