Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP and inet traffic question

Options
  • 08-02-2003 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

might be using the wrong forum for this thread..if so sorry..

right question time..is there anyway to see what programmes are accessing the internet at a given time ?

i'm using XP pro..and 56k connection..
    the reason i'm asking is "pings" my have gone really bad lately and i don't know if its XP using apps to access the net or utvip's last upgrade..

any info would be a help

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

thanks ...that was exactly what I was looking for

now..does anyone know what svchost.exe is..i seem to have 9 of them running :0
    i also have 4 inetinfo running.....is this normal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

svchost (general service host executable) is a wrapper executable for running dll's as fully fledged services (eg windows shares files this way over a network using netbios). Inetinfo is a service which is used to configure IIS on XP.

Dizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

it means you may b running a webserver, iis is an optional install component in XP

windows XP runs a load of grossly unnecessary services. get this util to shute them down XP Antispy permanently

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

is this the best forum or what ?

thanks alot guys ..really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement