Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest FF?

Options
  • 21-06-2001 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Me and my friend was havin a good arguement over this he was saying FF8 was the hardest FF and i was saying 7 was so which do u think is hardest and which is the best out of all the FF series including the ones on snes nes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

FF1, cus it was totally new concept and the damn thing kept crashing on my NES as i was running it off a unreliable back up machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

FF8 was hard, 7 was easy as was 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

They're all pretty easy and I'd have thought ff8 was the easiest of them all. I mean, those guardian forces can kill monsters very easily at the start and then half way through the game, you become incredibly powerful by junctioning all those spells (ultima, flare, meteor etc) to your attacks etc. It'd be hard if you dunno where to get the spells or didn't cop on to the way the junctioning system can be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

7 and 8 are easy. I got stuck on the the snes version of 6 on a boss that only attacks in person when you're almost dead.

btw the rpg board has few nough posts without you stealing FF. rolleyes.gif

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I tried playing III but I was a bit bogged down by all the stats. Of the 5 I've played, that seemed to be the most unwieldly.

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

8 was hardest of those three, because the monsters levels went up as yours did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Well im still not finished 9 smile.gif I cant beat one of the bosses in that memoria place (on the final disc)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

ff8, was easy, up until the last fight, thats what made it so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm in the middle of playing FF7 smile.gif

Its a buggy pain in the ass though (pc version). I had to install windows98 and dual boot (It dislikes windows 2000 - crashes in the first battle) and even in win98 I can't play in direct3d - I have a GeForce 2 GTS, but it only supports crappy ancient graphics cards.

After all that though, it is both fun and addictive smile.gif

- Munch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

FF8 was easy, you can get to level 100 in no time. FF7 takes for ever, I only have five Level 99 people.

I downloaded FF1 and it is extremely difficult, you need double exp. every time you get a level up!

'My Hardcore Title!' - Bounty Hunter

'Ho Ho Ho, I arrive!!!' - Quina Quen - FF9

'Zidane, I still not cook you succulent Frog!!' - Quina Quen - FF9

[This message has been edited by Digital Tilmitt (edited 24-06-2001).]

• Advertisement

In ff8, if you were able to use the GFs in the last battle it would have been easy, but you can't you have to use boring spells, that take forever to finish. FF7 was easy cause you just had to have good levels, FF9 was all your tactics.

i hate you guys......

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Poppinfresh m8 make some sense and as for FF1 i thought that was complete ****e tbh :/

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by popinfresh:
    In ff8, if you were able to use the GFs in the last battle it would have been easy, but you can't you have to use boring spells, that take forever to finish. FF7 was easy cause you just had to have good levels, FF9 was all your tactics.

</font>

In the Last Battle in 8 you could just cast Aura on Squall and kill everyone in one go(or maybe 2!).

'One day I will be Tánaiste, but I will always be myself' - Digital Tilmitt/Princess Garnet.

Only if you have the ultimate weapon, which takes ages to get. I'll admit I didn't kill her on my first go(I did on my second go though), but I was around lvl 95.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 27-06-2001).]

really, damn thing took me 3 hours to beat,but i was using triple=>maelstrom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

The whole junction system and some of the spells and limit break makes ff8 really easy and the last boss shouldn't be a problem too. Spells like aura, triple, haste are extremely powerful plus some limit breaks gives you the aura, haste etc spell effects.

Level is a waste of time as all you have to do is find powerful spells like ultima, flare, etc and junction them for hp, str boost.

There are numberous ways to fight the last boos but letting 2 characters to use of the spells triple, haste, aura and heal is the easiest. Plus you can also use abilities like Quistis' Mighty Guard, Rinoa's Invincible Moon etc. All you have to do then is let the 3rd guy use his limit breaks to kill the boss. Squall's Lionheart, Zell's combos, Irvine's pulse ammo can easily do multiple 9999hps. FF8 is easy...that is if you use a think about what the abilities can do instead of leveling like a mindless zombie.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 28-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

ff8, was easy, up until the last fight, thats what made it so hard</font>

eh are u talking bout the sorceress? i ráped that bítch sensless!! now the weapons were the hard 1's

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

</font>

i thought u were hmm ... oh well the GF's were poxy peices of cráp neway i just limit breaked every1 with aura and all was well

Jabba, how long did you take to kill them?

i hate you guys......

I think you misunderstood Chubby, It gets **** hard at high levels, not easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I downloaded FF1 and it is extremely difficult, you need double exp. every time you get a level up!</font>

cool, where did u get it from? i think i might try that smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Weh, FF7... how the fup do you beat that big snake-like fvcker? Called the midgar zolom, or something similar. I have just caught me first chocobo and visited the marshy area where sephiroth impaled one of those snake-like thingys ... do i just run away from it or try to kill it ? smile.gif

- Munch

Dumbass, you catch a chocobo so that you can outrun the snake so that you can get to the other side of the swamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

and then about 30 hours later into the game you can come back and kill it smile.gif

In one hit.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sliotar:
    cool, where did u get it from? i think i might try that smile.gif</font>

Its http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/Ointus/FF1.html

'One day I will be Tánaiste, but I will always be myself' - Digital Tilmitt/Princess Garnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

which ff was the hardest?

-easy

final fight on the arcade.... to practice it cost loads. haggar owns guy and cody.

(if you dont understand what i am talking about then you area child)

- Dead Bank Clerk -

Originally posted by Irishbabe8282:
    "AND hes thes Horniest Motha ****a ive ever
    spoken to ....especially for a first pm"

Pfft. Final Fight in the arcade was easy. I played in this place with my brother(I was always hagar) It was cost something like 10p for 3 credits.

Isn't that coming out on the GBA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

Final fantasy 5 (3) had to be the hardest, with a lot of options open like making your characters theifs or warriors or priests....i REALY enjoyed it, i still cant get past he boss in the mountain (you use whip to climb over gorge) frown.gif

great game tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

Its easy to *finish* the games ie. defeating the last boss eg sepiroth (can be done easily at around level 50) but defeating the Weapon bosses requires you to have all your characters at level 100 ...

Advertisement