Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay-O-Meter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

btw the cheesy eyebrows smily thing was an accident :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

did that before. Got 50% - well balanced heterosexual despite answering yes to the **** men question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol did it last year, got 12%, did it just now n got 23% ... that's it i'm never looking at this forum again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I score 50%, slap bang in the middle. Phear my well-adjustedness. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by HerrLipp
    did that before. Got 50% - well balanced heterosexual despite answering yes to the **** men question.

I'm guessing those stars mean fcuk or something similar.Tis none of my business ,mind, but perhaps you are bisexual?.

That spark.com one was better.I'd be interested to know your score there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

FUNKY IS 23% GAY!

Loosen up my straight mate! These days women like a man with some softer edges to grab onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dr Funkenstein

tbh I've no idea what Herrlipp is on about....Just making conversation.It's more of a chat than you'll get in most of the irish cs chatrooms these days.
    Anyone know of any old fashioned 'chat' rooms where people actually speak to eachother?

[Edit] Deleted spastic animated gif signature

Btw I'm fully aware that this section is for serious GLB issues.
    I just thought while surfing the boards that this might be a place to meet like-minded people.
    But having spent the last 5 hours trying to sort out registering (email addy problems),only to find
    "[Edit] Deleted spastic animated gif signature"
    instead of my pic ,I feel somewhat told to 'f**k off'.....so I will.
    Peace......out.

Er, I really don't think that was what Yellum was trying to convey at all. There are relatively strict rules on boards.ie about sig images (to try and avoid making every thread look like a hyperactive version of Moulin Rouge) which you probably just didn't realise so he removed the image. It's not a big deal, really.

Also, this board is /not/ strictly for "serious" GLB issues and has never been advertised as such. There's plenty of room here for non-serious threads. Like this one.

(Regarding chatrooms... there's no specific chat room for the GLB boards, but there's a general boards.ie IRC chatroom - #boards.ie on the Quakenet IRC network. If you don't have an IRC client, check out the "Chat Rooms" link under the Boards.ie drop down menu at the top of each page.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

If I wanted to tell you to f.uck off I would have said so, nobodys ever accused me of being indirect. The sig image was oversized and it was animated. In my view it was a spastic sig image. There are rules about these things. I really didn't want to pay to download your image when I returned to this thread so it got removed.

Oh and Shinji , Swiss set up a chat room for this Forum I believe. Its on quakenet too. Its packed most evenings .... :rolleyes:

Cor. Nobody tells me anything around here. Bloody youngsters.

Its in one of them thar stickies ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'm an op in #glb :p

... u know it mocks sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Swiss set up a chat room for this Forum I believe. Its on quakenet too. Its packed most evenings ....

How do you access this?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Got 58%... pretty average-ish.
    How do you access this?
    It's a part of the quakenet IRC servers, just use an IRC client like MIRC (most people use this) and connect to a random quakenet server. When you're in type /join #channel where #channel is the channel you want to join (obviously). In this case the channel is #glb, although on boards most people use the channels #fortress.ie and #boards.ie.

Oh, and yellum was being a *tiny* bit sarcastic when he said it's packed most evenings. It never really got off the ground and I idle in there some evenings just to stop losing the L bot :o

And yes, I did bribe azezil with ops so that he would idle in there when I was first setting it up :p.

BTW, don't worry too much about the animated signature. They're usually frowned upon here (hence yellum removed it) but it's not a big deal at all. If you feel anyone here is being unreasonable or whatnot (we're not infallible despite the rumors) feel free to bring it to the attention of the admins.

I've already taken it up with the admins thanks Swiss.
    Anyway tbh I couldn't be arsed with this whole affair if I'm gonna be admin'ed by someone who thinks it's ok in this day and age to use the word 'spastic' to describe something negative.I assume you use the word '****' everyday too yellum?

Okay, now this is getting tedious. You spat your dummy out over this, you were reassured that it wasn't a big deal and that you're welcome here. That was an invitation to hang around and contribute to discussions on the board, not an invitation to have a huge bloody whinge. If you're going to flap your arms and squeal every time someone says something that you don't agree with, maybe the internet isn't such a good place for you after all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Dr Funkenstein
    I assume you use the word '****' everyday too yellum?

You assume incorrectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

Tis none of my business ,mind, but perhaps you are bisexual?.

Yes, online quizzes are always 100% accurate. Nah, i'm pretty much 9 out of 10 on the freudian scale. Pity, would be nice to play on both sides of the fence.

• Advertisement

If defending a minority group is 'flapping my arms' so be it.
    I've asked admin Tom to ask yellum to remove his offensive language for the sakes of those people who have relatives etc. who are 'spastics'.To which he agreed, fair play to him.
    I don't see why I should even have to explain what's offensive about it.Just put '******' in place of 'spastic' or the name of any minority group and they are all equally offensive for the same reason.
    I find it obcenely ironic that a board for a minority group should be moderated by a shameless biggot.
    Tom tells me there was a discussion here before about the use of the word '****' and most people thought it was fine to use it.
    In case anyone's interested, the term **** comes from the witch-hunting days when gays were used to fuel the witch fires when the faggots (bunches of sticks) ran out.
    Well......what can I say only that Ireland must be as biggoted, ignorant and backward as the rest of the world (and me) thinks it is.

Btw I came in here with good vibes and good intentions so it's all good.Don't worry about me Shinji, I'll give my dummy a rinse under the tap- it's just a bit of fluff. :)
    Laterz........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Is that a light I see at the end of the tunnel?!
    It's a mercury red one , but a light none the less :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Well......what can I say only that Ireland must be as biggoted, ignorant and backward as the rest of the world (and me) thinks it is.

Either that or we're all not backwards and stupid enough to believe that a word can be offensive. Only an intention can be offensive.

I've not found Ireland to be significantly more bigoted, ignorant or backwards in its views than rather a lot of places I've been to. Every country has its pockets of utter ignorance - it's just that some countries (the USA springs to mind) have bigger pockets of ignorance than others...

Still I know Shinji is a dead nice guy.

Shush! I have spent a long time working hard to cultivate an image as a complete bastard, and I will not have you ruining this with your baseless accusations!

Originally posted by Shinji
    Either that or we're all not backwards and stupid enough to believe that a word can be offensive. Only an intention can be offensive.

My point exactly Shinji.It's all about context -yellums context was quite obviously filled with bad intention.What, so animated gif sigs are a good thing are they?

I don't personally give a monkeys about what a stranger on a pc somewhere thinks of me or my gif sig.I do however care about people in positions of authority abusing that authority to spread their own personal bitterness/ignorance/fears.........

Originally posted by Dr Funkenstein
    I don't personally give a monkeys about what a stranger on a pc somewhere thinks of me or my gif sig.I do however care about people in positions of authority abusing that authority to spread their own personal bitterness/ignorance/fears.........
    Thats taking the thing too far, who are you to judge, whether, someone has a chip on their shoulder based on one mod decision.
    you should lighten up.
    mm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah! yellum is the best god damn homo I know!

• Advertisement

I'm not going to debate this at all. If you want this debate on my terrible and utter racist biggoted pottymouthed remarks can be split into another thread and taken over to the Feedback forum where the Admins can take part too.

Right now lets remember what the topic of this thread is.

I think we've spent enough time on this one already Yellum, but ta for the offer :).
    I'm sure you (Yellum) are a good person, I'm not judging you at all.I doubt that when you use *that* word you have malicious intentions towards disabled people.All's I was trying to say was that some folk may find it a bit upsetting.
    I gather the idea is to build a community so impartial-ness at every level is probably a good thing.
    Right.That's my thrupence worth for definite now on this matter.
    Cheers for yer contributions all.It's been interesting.

Over and out.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Over indeed. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement