Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin is dead, long live Admin.

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

LOL now I know you are trolling bubbles... cos we both know what story behind Ali G :)

You really almost had me going :P

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yes, we do both know the story - and just because I mentioned you made up fake evidence over an incident about 3 years ago, you think I taking the piss now?

Explain that logic to me... please. I really want to see what is going on in that head of yours.

I even mentioned this a few months ago, how someone says something you don't agree with, and you know they are right (ala moi) you try to play them off as a muppet, and normally the majority of the people, who are usually happy to blindly follow you because they are lick arses do, always be nice to the guy with the power.

Not this time, I have put hard FACT down in my argument - what have you put down? That you THINK I'm a 'troll' And you continue to atempt to make me look like a Troll, so people won't take notice. I've asked you 3 times now over the last 3 weeks, and each time you fail to answer - evidence please?

I'll take the lack of an answer to be that there is none - surprise surprise.

But hey, look at the bright side... you can simply reply, calling me a Troll again if it makes you feel better. You obviously have issues.

And since this is the feedback board, and regi last night made a passing comment saying what don't I suggest something postive for a change (huh?)

Well, I suggest getting another admin to be the "public speaker" of the pack. Vexorg or Cloud would be more suited imo - decent people, who are sane and don't have a superiortiy 'issues'.

You need a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah, so this boils down to a personality conflict between Bubbles and DeVore. And this thread has decended into whether Bubbles is trolling or not and if he's trolled in the past.

Was it three years ago that you claimed that Boston was an account you made up Bubbles? I don't think it was. And I fell for it myself, because I believed that only you could have pulled off such a master troll, given your reputation. And you have one, whether you like it or not.

Now, if you're not trolling, and this is purely a personality conflict, then put away your handbags, get off the dancefloor and get a room.

Amp, It turned out like that, but not because of it. It is because of DeVore. Him saying I was a troll etc trying to weaken my point without. I'm not just going to sit back and watch him do that. **** no!

And so what? I said I was Boston, Boston said he was me - is that a troll? Do you fear the unknown that much? I know for a fact DeVore does. Que the twilight zone music.

Roughly translated: "He started it! wasn't me waaaa!"

"Fear of the unknown."

I expected more than that from you Bubbs, I know you're more creative than that. Obviously I'm not worthy. :(

• Advertisement

Yup, he started it. If you where in town or whatever, and someone comes up and hits you... do you just stand there and smile? No.

And no, I'm not worthy, never have been and never will be. I'm sorry to hear that you expected more than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Great Idea Devore, this has inspired a great argument! And to think, I might of never have seen such delights.

Anyway...
    If I were to make a new topic in Admin, and you or whoever else were to respond, how am I supposed to reply? Or have you allowed such things.....

Originally posted by bubbles
    Yup, he started it. If you where in town or whatever, and someone comes up and hits you... do you just stand there and smile? No.

Here's what I see happened. DeVore posted about the changes made to Admin and Feedback. You write a critique of this and other things claiming Dev to be hypocritical. Dev calls you a troller and wonders whether you're being serious.

Given your reputation of trolling that's understandable. It's hard for people who've been trolled by you in the past to take you seriously. For all I know I'm currently the victim of your latest troll.

Dev is not responsible for that reputation, you are.

And no, I'm not worthy, never have been and never will be. I'm sorry to hear that you expected more than me.

No, no, I said I'm not worthy. Worthy of the type of response you normally reserve for Dev.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Giblet
    Great Idea Devore, this has inspired a great argument! And to think, I might of never have seen such delights.

Anyway...
    If I were to make a new topic in Admin, and you or whoever else were to respond, how am I supposed to reply? Or have you allowed such things.....

Yup we thought of that, you can reply to your own topics just not other peoples support issues. Personally I think its working well at the moment.

Bubbles I *know* you are trolling because we both know what happened that stormy evening 3 years ago. Lets not bring it up again, its too..... too painful. See, I *KNOW* you are trolling cos you are trying to say it didnt happen and you werent caught like a MOFO, which we both know you were. Now you can go all innocent and hurt and pretend like your valour is all wounded but even feckin' Eamo is telling you to give it a rest!

The funny thing (as you well know) is that I cant prove you are trolling despite knowing FOR CERTAIN that you are (since I know the events really DID occur!). But you see, I dont care about convincing other people. So long as I'm happy that there isnt a problem here and you are just on your usual soapbox, then I'm relieved.

I'd really hate to think anyone thought this was a slap in the face. We've separated the hard support issues from the chit-chat of feedback and boards-interested community discussion.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Apart from prehaps making your "Why can't I post here?" a sticky (so Regi doesn't go nuts with posts like mine :))

Here is a suggestion. If a person posts on Support forum and the admins feel it warrants feedback then all they have to do is move the thread to here and leave the original link.

btw, all in all I don't think it's a great idea to lock it off to so few people. It's only going to annoy some people that they aren't getting an answer that most moderators who have been here a while could answer. But how or never.

• Advertisement

See, I *KNOW* you are trolling cos you are trying to say it didnt happen and you werent caught like a MOFO, which we both know you were

Ohh I love it... but lets get things straight - the way it happened.
    Bascially I was posting under an alias, using proxies and whatnot. I never ONCE posted from work. I decided one morning (when I was ment to be in work) to post from a standard indigo dialup in the hope to throw you off.

You knew it was me, and fair enough... and because of the time I posted that one post, you concluded that I must have done it from work - therefore could report me to my employer.
    And yes, to be honest that did worry me - why?

Becasue

a) at the time I wasn't really in a position to survive any **** slapped in my face in work

b) even though I knew I couldn't be blamed for posting them from work (because I never did) I was fairly certain you would just provide my employer with fake information indicating it was me - which you already had done publicly on boards.ie a couple of days before - so I was worried about what lies you where going to submit.

Then I came forward - yes, in a way you think would be embarresing to me. But I was dealing with some knob who was making **** up trying to get evidence that it was me. And you are sick in the head, but appear to be sane and yes, I was worried about the **** you would produce. Then we had one of our little chats, remember?

I will post the logs up if you want. Actually, **** you, I will when I get home later, and let the people see what really was said and how pathetic you where.

Bascially our little chat went along the lines of how you Admins didn't want me to get away with it, because other people would know you could do **** all really to track someone who is half arsed about blocking their dialup info. So you asked me to come out and say it in public - so it looked like the Admins could track down any trouble making. And therefore prevent it.

So, to me it looks like you where the one caught with your pants down - even when you told you me tracked me down to a oceanfree dialup on one occasion. I have never ever used an oceanfree dialup even once in my whole life. Yes, you really do have the ability to track down trouble makers...

Funnily enough, if you're sooooo good at it, how come you havn't caught me once since then? Not that I've done anything TOO bad, but 3 years is a long time to be a good boy

I'd really hate to think anyone thought this was a slap in the face.

No, the new policys about the admin boards is fine - good idea etc My problem was with you, and what you said in those posts.

So long as I'm happy that there isnt a problem here and you are just on your usual soapbox, then I'm relieved.

You really think that? Maybe you should ask some more people, who happen not be sitting next to you in work...

Want to bring up anything else?

Ah Bubbles. I love you. Really, I dunno what I'd do without you.

DeV.

ps: Yeah I'm sure all the wilting flowers round here are too afraid to voice their opinions because of some fearful retribution from me. I mean, I've done it before right? Uh... actually I've never done anything to anyone for voicing their heartfelt opinions... (apart from Kim Tae Woo and well, she was an idiot).

Fix my signature. Bitch.

The logs - bit long - but they tell a story...

*** Log file opened: 01/02/00 23:44:00
    [23:44] <bubbles> slosh there ?
    [23:44] <DeVore> he's around
    [23:44] <DeVore> watching tv I thinkl
    [23:44] <DeVore> why?
    [23:44] <bubbles> just wonderin why he named me on the boards as ali g !!!
    [23:46] <DeVore> I think it was because someone sent him a log of you laughing at blades jpg and saying you'd post it on the boards cos you couldnt give a ****
    [23:46] <DeVore> (wasnt me btw)
    [23:46] <DeVore> I'm staying out of all things Adra
    [23:47] <bubbles> it was funny
    [23:47] <bubbles> i did say i was going to post it
    [23:47] <bubbles> but i didn't
    [23:47] <bubbles> the pic blade sent me was the unedited one
    [23:48] <bubbles> soz but that **** ain't my style
    [23:48] <DeVore> I dont see where he named you...
    [23:48] <bubbles> he did
    [23:48] <bubbles> it was up for 6 mins
    [23:48] <bubbles> then he edited
    [23:48] <DeVore> well then, perhaps he retracted it pending better proof.
    [23:49] <bubbles> but tarzan saw it when it was bubbles
    [23:49] <DeVore> you would have to admit you were a suspect haha
    [23:49] <bubbles> ahh c'mon
    [23:49] <bubbles> i havn't done any crap like that in ages !
    [23:49] <DeVore> well you do have a reputation and he did get a log
    [23:50] <DeVore> kinda easy to see how 2 + 2 could come to that answer
    [23:50] <bubbles> yah..
    [23:50] <DeVore> but he's taken it down
    [23:50] <DeVore> which is all he could do
    [23:50] <DeVore> I guess
    [23:50] <bubbles> but u know me - if i was going to do something i would use my real nick
    [23:50] <DeVore> any idea who it *is*?
    [23:51] <bubbles> nope...
    [23:51] <bubbles> but blade only sent it to a few ppl
    [23:51] <DeVore> kinda odd writing style
    [23:51] <bubbles> they prb sent it on - either way should be easy to track if u post a message
    [23:51] <DeVore> I could get the ISP to trace it but I couldnt be arsed tbh
    [23:52] <bubbles> well get #quake.ie logs..
    [23:52] <bubbles> see who was on with that i.p at the time
    [23:52] <DeVore> yeah, like I said, I couldnt be arsed tbh
    [23:53] bubbles gos on a witch hunt
    [23:53] <DeVore> I'll ask cloud to search for it
    [23:53] <DeVore> and see who it was
    [23:53] <DeVore> only to clear your name
    [23:53] <DeVore> (see how good I am to you!)
    [23:53] <bubbles> !
    [23:53] <bubbles> u must want something :)
    [23:53] <DeVore> oooh you wound me!
    [23:54] <bubbles> and tell slosh "i expected more from him too" :)
    [23:54] <DeVore> all I have ever wanted is you bubbles you know that
    [23:54] <bubbles> yah i know :)
    [23:54] <DeVore> well to be fair to him, he'll apologise if it wasnt you
    [23:55] <bubbles> but it wasn't me ! and i see no apoligy - and the word is going around that it is me :-/
    [23:55] <bubbles> which i don't really mind - but it wasn't !
    [23:58] <bubbles> ahh tell him i still love him
    [00:00] <DeVore> ok
    [00:01] *** Disconnected ***
    *** Log file closed: 02/02/00 00:01:10

Meanwhile - i went to a pissup, and fake logs where posted on boards.ie

*** Log file opened: 05/02/00 15:34:12
    [15:34] <bubbles> just had a read of your post
    [15:34] <bubbles> read my reply in a few mins...
    [15:34] <DeVore> ok
    [15:34] <bubbles> i talk like that ?
    [15:34] <bubbles> i can up girls online ?
    [15:35] <DeVore> ?
    [15:35] <bubbles> after 2 years in irc i would at least tought u could figure out what i type like !!!!
    [15:35] <DeVore> ??
    [15:35] <bubbles> for 2 years no one knew my name - you think i give it out to strangers ?
    [15:36] <DeVore> maybe you thought differently in a different chat channel?
    [15:36] <bubbles> c'mon now, you think i join other channels with different nicks ?
    [15:36] <bubbles> you EVER see me in any other channels ever ?
    [15:36] <DeVore> different server
    [15:37] <bubbles> ahhh c'mon now
    [15:38] <bubbles> just read my reply - and look at the evidence - its seriosuly seriously not me and i tought you of all people would see that !
    [15:38] <bubbles> anotehr 5 mins or so
    [15:38] <DeVore> I didnt say it was you
    [15:38] <DeVore> infact I said I WASNT accusing you
    [15:38] <bubbles> I'm not accusing bubbles, but I know my mind is pretty damned certain
    [15:38] <DeVore> just that I'm certain.
    [15:39] <bubbles> i know, but your opinion is respecte and trusted...
    [15:39] <bubbles> if u say its me, then ppl will just conclude its me
    [15:39] <bubbles> see ALi G there now !
    [15:39] <bubbles> !!!!
    [15:39] <DeVore> ?
    [15:39] <bubbles> #quake.ie
    [15:40] <DeVore> very nice.
    [15:40] <bubbles> !
    [15:41] <DeVore> stunning that he chose THIS moment to drop by
    [15:41] <DeVore> just long enough to make sure we got to see his ident
    [15:42] <DeVore> which, SHOCK HORROR, is different from your.
    [15:42] <bubbles> no !
    [15:42] <bubbles> thats some1 in #quake messin
    [15:42] <DeVore> maybe
    [15:42] <DeVore> as I said, this has lost all fun aspect for me by now
    [15:42] <bubbles> Ali_G [thomashowi@ts10-108.dublin.indigo.ie] has quit IRC (Leaving)
    [15:42] <bubbles> Jedi-playingQ3 [thomashowi@ts10-108.dublin.indigo.ie] has quit IRC (Leaving)
    [15:42] <bubbles> see !!
    [15:43] <bubbles> you have it set its me, and no matter what any1 else does you but it down to me
    [15:43] <DeVore> so you are saying its Jedi?
    [15:43] <bubbles> no
    [15:44] <DeVore> :)
    [15:44] <bubbles> i just said just like there - the ali g pretending to be the other night is a fake !
    [15:44] <bubbles> any1 now would be coming onto irc as ali g for the laugh
    [15:44] <DeVore> indeed
    [15:45] bubbles <---- not impressed
    [15:45] <DeVore> whatever
    [15:45] <DeVore> you couldnt even keep a straight face last night for gods sake
    [15:46] <DeVore> and you made DAMNED sure I knew you were going to be in the pub from early on.
    [15:46] <bubbles> lol cos everyone was callin me ali when i'm not !!
    [15:46] <DeVore> in fact you made a point of making sure I knew you'd be in the pub from 7:30
    [15:46] <bubbles> no cos i didn't want to hang around the office till 7.30 !!
    [15:46] <bubbles> and wanted to know if any1 was going down a bit early
    [15:46] <DeVore> anyway
    [15:46] <bubbles> your paranoid
    [15:46] <DeVore> to date, its been a laugh
    [15:47] <bubbles> thats posted - go have a slow read
    [15:50] <DeVore> I have to go
    [15:50] <bubbles> we'll continue this later
    [15:50] <DeVore> If I follow this further, whoever it is will get a permanent life ban
    [15:50] <DeVore> if thats not you, you'll get an apology from me
    [15:50] <bubbles> suits me
    [18:40] <DeVore> if its not you, I *will* apologise.
    [18:42] <Pikachu> huh ?
    [18:42] <DeVore> read my post on the boards entitled "Ali G"
    [18:43] <DeVore> cos I'm going legal on monday.
    [18:43] <DeVore> I am beginning to doubt it is you, if its not I'm sorry.
    [18:43] <DeVore> this guy works.
    [18:43] <DeVore> he posted at 9:08 am
    [18:43] <DeVore> if it comes to it, I'm going to get him fired.
    [18:43] <Pikachu> good
    [18:43] <DeVore> I'm really serious this time.
    [18:43] <Pikachu> what was his i.p ?
    [18:44] <DeVore> its on the board
    [18:44] <Pikachu> college ?
    [18:44] <DeVore> no indigo
    [18:49] <Pikachu> bout time too !
    *** Log file closed: 05/02/00 19:43:00

*** Log file opened: 05/02/00 20:55:10
    [20:55] <Pikachu> :)
    [20:55] <DeVore> ?
    [20:55] <Pikachu> going to get it framed i am
    [20:55] <DeVore> :)
    [20:55] <Pikachu> hehehe you really really want this chap LOL :)
    [20:56] <Pikachu> i feel nearly guilty
    [20:56] <DeVore> yes.
    [20:56] <DeVore> why?
    [20:56] <Pikachu> lol :)
    [20:56] <Pikachu> ahhh nothin
    [20:56] <DeVore> I aint laughin
    [20:56] <DeVore> I'm well pissed off.
    [20:56] <Pikachu> i'm sure you are
    [20:57] <Pikachu> but be crap receiving a phone call of regi to tell some you some1 posted something
    [20:57] <Pikachu> but = must
    [20:57] <DeVore> eh?
    [20:57] <DeVore> regi never phoned me
    [20:57] <DeVore> why do you say that?
    [20:58] <DeVore> this guy posted from work it seems. I wonder how crap he's going to feel when his box calls him over with a fax of those pictures.
    [20:58] <Pikachu> well - are you sure they called in from work
    [20:59] <DeVore> seems so
    [20:59] <DeVore> dont matter
    [20:59] <Pikachu> but you don't know that
    [20:59] <DeVore> still going to find out where he works
    [20:59] <Pikachu> well u can't go mailing ppls bosses when its nothing work related
    [20:59] <DeVore> lies are great, they stick like ****.
    [20:59] <DeVore> watch me.
    [20:59] <Pikachu> hehehe
    [21:01] <Pikachu> then again...
    [21:01] <DeVore> ?

[21:02] <Pikachu> lets say its a kid... their dad pays the phone line and works - you fax in the pics etc - u can't get the father in trouble in work for something they kid did
    [21:02] <Pikachu> thats just not cricket
    [21:02] <DeVore> watch me.
    [21:02] <DeVore> you'll very quickly find that little "johnny" wont be bothering us again.
    [21:03] <DeVore> or indeed anyone.
    [21:03] <DeVore> what happens to the father... I could care less.
    [21:03] <Pikachu> well - thats not very fair...
    [21:03] <DeVore> tough **** for leaving your kid access to the net unsupervised.
    [21:03] <Pikachu> when your kids does something like that - and u get punished for it - you'll understand then
    [21:03] <DeVore> and I take my responsibility.
    [21:03] <Pikachu> easy to say now dev
    [21:04] <DeVore> whats it to you anyway?
    [21:04] <Pikachu> oh no reason :P
    [21:04] <DeVore> this guy is jerking my chain, ***** him*
    [21:04] <Pikachu> yes - **** him - don't get his father fired....
    [21:04] <DeVore> he wants a fight, on Monday I'll give him a ****ing war hahah
    [21:04] <Pikachu> he post an apoligy yet ?
    [21:05] <DeVore> see his father will "**** him" for me, much worse then I ever could.
    [21:05] <Pikachu> apology even
    [21:05] <DeVore> under his own name
    [21:05] <DeVore> and it wasnt an apology.
    [21:05] <DeVore> it was in that stupid black-rapper ****.
    [21:06] <Pikachu> you take these things so seriously : )
    [21:06] <DeVore> watch me.
    [21:06] <DeVore> on Monday morning, it will get a lot more seriousl
    [21:06] <DeVore> until then, its fun.
    [21:06] <DeVore> you seem concerned about this poor chap.
    [21:06] <DeVore> he dragged you into
    [21:06] <Pikachu> no not the chap
    [21:07] <DeVore> **** the whole family if necessary
    [21:07] <DeVore> see his father will "**** him" for me, much worse then I ever could.
    [21:07] <Pikachu> yes - but not worth the father losing his job !
    [21:07] <DeVore> he father gets a slap on the wrist, and if he gets fired, its his boss is the asshole.
    [21:07] <Pikachu> never seen this evil streak in you before its shocking really
    [21:08] <DeVore> its always been there
    [21:08] <DeVore> ask regi
    [21:08] <Pikachu> lol :)
    [21:08] <DeVore> he's seen me do it to others : )
    [21:08] <Pikachu> but remember - there are more then 2 ppl in it......
    [21:08] <DeVore> ?
    [21:08] <Pikachu> well i know you think i'm one : )
    [21:09] <DeVore> Theres me, and theres anyone associated with him.
    [21:09] <Pikachu> so therefore theres another...
    [21:09] <DeVore> get one, and he'll squeal like piggy.
    [21:09] <Pikachu> not he wouldn't
    [21:09] <DeVore> eh?
    [21:09] <Pikachu> he would "protect his mate"
    [21:10] <DeVore> unlikely
    [21:10] <Pikachu> and you would still have 50% of the problem out there
    [21:10] <DeVore> from his parents? from me?
    [21:11] <DeVore> all you have to do is whisper the likelyhood that "these are probably the guys who did Ericom" and watch the whole house of cards come down.
    [21:11] <Pikachu> but...
    [21:11] <Pikachu> if they are in eircom - how could they post in work with an indigo i.p ?
    [21:11] <DeVore> but thats not true?
    [21:11] <DeVore> wtf is going to ask questions like that?
    [21:12] <DeVore> who knows how these wily hackers work
    [21:12] <Pikachu> some1 who works in eircom !
    [21:12] <DeVore> they could have tons of dialupos
    [21:12] <DeVore> in fact theres another point
    [21:12] <DeVore> they have loads of dialup accounts!!! they must be Haxors
    [21:12] <DeVore> !!
    [21:12] <Pikachu> lol
    [21:12] <DeVore> its too easy.
    [21:13] <Pikachu> well lets say IF it was me...
    [21:13] <DeVore> and having an Internet company behind me makes it even easier
    [21:13] <DeVore> I'm the MD of a respected company
    [21:13] <DeVore> noone is even going to think twice.
    [21:13] <Pikachu> i don't start work till 10, and all eircom internet access in on the LAN so therefore any1 in eircom wouldn't give a damn
    [21:14] <Pikachu> i'm sure they would go for any1 wouking in dell, gateway etc
    [21:14] <DeVore> but bubbles it *wasnt* you was it now. I'm doing this to clear your name...
    [21:14] <Pikachu> and i'm very gratefull
    [21:14] <Pikachu> i really am !
    [21:14] <DeVore> think nothing of it.
    [21:14] <Pikachu> i won't - don't worry : )
    [21:15] <Pikachu> just helping to make things clearer for you : )
    [21:15] <DeVore> oh things are PERFECTLY clear for me.
    [21:15] <DeVore> This is MY world now, and I'm the one that knows all the ways to bend the rules : )
    [21:15] <Pikachu> good good - fill me in on monday evening - i'm interested in who this chap is
    [21:15] <DeVore> np
    [21:16] <Pikachu> :)
    [21:16] <DeVore> you'll know as soon as I do...
    [21:16] <Pikachu> good good
    [21:17] <DeVore> actually I think I'll record the phone calls too!
    [21:17] <DeVore> that would be fun
    [21:17] <Pikachu> yah do !
    [21:18] <DeVore> could serve them as real audio
    [21:18] <DeVore> haha
    [21:18] <Pikachu> lol :)
    [21:18] <Pikachu> live i hope
    [21:18] <Pikachu> you actually want me to say it don't you : )
    [21:19] <DeVore> ?
    [21:19] <Pikachu> ahh c'mon now : )
    [21:19] <DeVore> ?
    [21:19] <Pikachu> hehe
    [21:19] <DeVore> until monday, its just a bit of fun
    [21:20] <DeVore> slosh was laughing here, and so was I to be honest
    [21:20] <Pikachu> i know : )
    [21:20] <Pikachu> cos i was too
    [21:20] <DeVore> but on Monday, without apology on the boards under their name
    [21:20] <DeVore> its gets serious.
    [21:20] <Pikachu> we both know thats not going to happen tho
    [21:20] <DeVore> um it is.
    [21:20] <DeVore> bubbles I aint joking about it
    [21:20] <DeVore> I have 6 servers online
    [21:21] <DeVore> 2 of them run ecommerce solutions
    [21:21] <Pikachu> and i'm not saying sorry for something i don't regret
    [21:21] <DeVore> do you have any idea HOW MANY people I get attacking those boxes?
    [21:21] <DeVore> apology is the wrong word
    [21:21] <DeVore> recognition that you did it and you called me a liar wrongly.
    [21:22] <Pikachu> lol : )
    [21:22] <Pikachu> recognition i can take
    [21:22] <Pikachu> no apoligy cos u did accuse me with no evidence
    [21:22] <DeVore> fine.
    [21:23] <Pikachu> lol : ) you know how long it took me to do your head this morning ?
    [21:23] <DeVore> I never doubted myself for a moment.
    [21:23] <DeVore> :)
    [21:23] <Pikachu> i know - and you where right too...
    [21:23] <Pikachu> tell me tho...
    [21:23] <Pikachu> t'was the bit where i said in #quake.ie saying i'd post it ?
    [21:24] <DeVore> no,
    [21:24] <DeVore> we never had a log of that
    [21:24] <DeVore> I made that up
    [21:24] <DeVore> : )
    [21:24] <Pikachu> hehe
    [21:24] <Pikachu> see ya blamed me for no reason !
    [21:24] <DeVore> nah, I knew it was you
    [21:24] <Pikachu> so did i
    [21:24] <DeVore> bubbles I'm the ONLY one who can tell when its you hahaha
    [21:25] <Pikachu> like i went tru so much effort you wouldn't believe
    [21:25] <DeVore> and I can ALWAYS tell
    [21:25] <Pikachu> went tru like 1000 proxys
    [21:25] <DeVore> hahaha
    [21:25] <Pikachu> went to a boring pissup
    [21:25] <DeVore> yes that gave it away actually
    [21:25] <Pikachu> hooked up another pc here
    [21:25] <DeVore> who posted while you were at the pissup?
    [21:25] <Pikachu> now now
    [21:25] <Pikachu> as for ali g being banned - that would never happen
    [21:26] <DeVore> it would have taken time and effort its true
    [21:26] <DeVore> MP was suspected too
    [21:26] <Pikachu> i'm only sorry you's deleted those links to the pics
    [21:26] <Pikachu> cos imo they where funny - i even did one of myself !
    [21:27] <Pikachu> and i really want to do more
    [21:27] <DeVore> well keep it if you like, but it has to be associated with you.
    [21:28] <Pikachu> still no good
    [21:28] <Pikachu> i don't mind key ppl in on it - that was the plan at the start

[21:28] <DeVore> see you want anonymity
    [21:29] <Pikachu> well that log u produced !
    [21:29] <Pikachu> that ticked me off
    [21:29] <DeVore> mostly a fabricatin
    [21:29] <DeVore> I knew it would hahaha
    [21:29] <Pikachu> it seemed you where makin **** up to get me, even tho you had no evidence
    [21:29] <DeVore> I knew you couldnt deny it either
    [21:29] <Pikachu> tbh i was pissed at that
    [21:29] <DeVore> no
    [21:29] <Pikachu> that u think some1 is wrong so u try to frame them
    [21:29] <DeVore> I knew that I was making up some stuff
    [21:29] <DeVore> you know I knew for sure
    [21:29] <Pikachu> but it was directly aimed at me
    [21:29] <Pikachu> yah
    [21:30] <DeVore> so when I made stuff up like the A/S/L stuff
    [21:30] <DeVore> I knew you'd be mad
    [21:30] <Pikachu> directl;y aimed at me....
    [21:30] <DeVore> and you wouldnt be able to leave it lie
    [21:30] <Pikachu> but u could have got the wrong person..
    [21:30] <DeVore> not as bad as the stuff you directly aimed at others lol
    [21:31] <Pikachu> well you did it badly man
    [21:31] <Pikachu> real bad
    [21:31] <Pikachu> the way they typed...
    [21:31] <DeVore> yeah I lost a lot of the logs!
    [21:31] <DeVore> so I had to recall them from memory
    [21:31] <Pikachu> ahh
    [21:31] <Pikachu> i tought it was snowbat u whgere talkin to
    [21:31] <Pikachu> cos he types identical to that
    [21:31] <DeVore> :)
    [21:32] <Pikachu> blah blah. OK.
    [21:32] <Pikachu> and seriously - i didn't want to piss ppl off....
    [21:32] <Pikachu> othewise they would have been real hardcore pics
    [21:32] <DeVore> and me and gandie and a gorrilla isnt! :)
    [21:32] <Pikachu> but i would have made a gif of that zero&dre one lol :)
    [21:33] <Pikachu> well i spent 2 hours on your head
    [21:33] <Pikachu> then i had to get all those pics
    [21:33] <Pikachu> have 180 quake related ones now
    [21:33] <DeVore> :)
    [21:33] <Pikachu> ahhh some greats ones of MP
    [21:34] <Pikachu> couldn't use them :(
    [21:34] <DeVore> haha
    [21:34] <Pikachu> well i have toi think about owning up or not..
    [21:35] <Pikachu> ;-)
    [21:36] <Pikachu> well he was on the night after...
    [21:36] <Pikachu> well you still have something to do and find person no.2 :)
    [21:37] <DeVore> I have a very good idea.
    [21:37] <DeVore> I have to go
    [21:37] <Pikachu> who ??
    [21:37] <DeVore> talk to you later.
    [21:37] <Pikachu> oki :)
    [21:37] <DeVore> sorry gotta run
    [21:37] <Pikachu> cya
    [21:37] <DeVore> post that recognition :)
    [21:37] <Pikachu> err no
    [21:37] <Pikachu> have to think bout ti..
    [21:37] <DeVore> or I'l post this log :)
    [21:37] <Pikachu> you faked this log
    [21:38] <DeVore> suuure
    [21:38] <Pikachu> Can't you see that. Ok?
    [21:38] <DeVore> people will really believe that
    [21:38] <Pikachu> i'll talk to ya later
    [21:38] <DeVore> bye bubbles :)
    [21:38] <Pikachu> cya mr. D
    *** Log file closed: 05/02/00 22:06:04

*** Log file opened: 05/02/00 23:30:24
    [23:30] <Pikachu> lo
    [23:30] <DeVore> lo
    [23:31] <Pikachu> sooo if i kept using the proxys you wouldn't have had proof ?
    [23:31] <DeVore> nah, I had a few traces running on those proxies too
    [23:31] <DeVore> and on Geocities and that other place
    [23:32] <Pikachu> hmmm
    [23:32] <Pikachu> bastid :)
    [23:32] <DeVore> chatcircuit is their admins irc area
    [23:32] <DeVore> :)
    [23:32] <Pikachu> see i used indigo for that post that morning cos if i used a proxy you would have tought i posted from work...
    [23:32] <Pikachu> and i don't mix work with pleasure
    [23:32] <DeVore> I was connecting to ChatCiruit when I found you on OceanFree
    [23:32] <Pikachu> oceanfree ?
    [23:33] <Pikachu> never used them in my life - only used esat and indigo
    [23:33] <Pikachu> a "borrowed" indigo a/c too
    [23:33] <DeVore> no, I think I actually spotted someone else on OceanFree's chat area
    [23:33] <DeVore> or was that you :)
    [23:33] <Pikachu> nope
    [23:34] <DeVore> ah then all this probably didnt make much sense in the end haha
    [23:34] <DeVore> nice of you to confirm to me though
    [23:34] <Pikachu> hehe
    [23:34] <DeVore> :)
    [23:35] <Pikachu> well, i don't mind
    [23:35] <DeVore> I wonder who I was talking to then
    [23:35] <Pikachu> cos when there are lamers about
    [23:35] <DeVore> well you still have till Monday to come clean , or I'll out you more definitely this time :)
    [23:35] <Pikachu> nah :)
    [23:35] <Pikachu> about this coming clean - do i have to ?
    [23:35] <Pikachu> i was working so hard on a webpage :-/
    [23:36] <DeVore> a web page addmission?
    [23:36] <DeVore> or just another ali g web page
    [23:36] <Pikachu> noo
    [23:36] <DeVore> ?
    [23:36] <Pikachu> ali g webpage
    [23:36] <DeVore> By Monday morning, everyone is going to know, so you might as well own up and grab the kudos
    [23:36] <Pikachu> like if ppl know its me it takes all the fun out of it, never mind the hatred..
    [23:36] <DeVore> :)
    [23:36] <Pikachu> but that sucks !
    [23:37] <DeVore> not on my watch :) besides, you've told people I'm wrong and that wont do... wont do at all! :)
    [23:37] <Pikachu> well...
    [23:37] <Pikachu> on monday u can do a post saying you have him - but you can't give the name cos there legal action being taken for him using a hacked a/c or something
    [23:38] <DeVore> you mean tell fibs ?
    [23:38] <DeVore> moi?
    [23:38] <Pikachu> lol :)
    [23:38] <DeVore> oh no...
    [23:38] <DeVore> I havent caught you in a while bubbles :)
    [23:38] <Pikachu> your enjoying this !! and rightly so !
    [23:38] <Pikachu> its a rare occurence
    [23:38] <DeVore> hehehe
    [23:38] <DeVore> I enjoyed the chase
    [23:39] <DeVore> but the end is nigh
    [23:39] <Pikachu> ahh man :(
    [23:39] <DeVore> you play the game you know the rules :)
    [23:39] <Pikachu> you could say the person used my indigo a/c last night - and i'll still post an apoligy to you...
    [23:40] <DeVore> so much potentially litigatious stuff mmm
    [23:40] <Pikachu> :-/
    [23:40] <DeVore> actually you will see why I DO want this to happen in about 2 weeks
    [23:40] <Pikachu> well i won't advertise the page on the could boards...
    [23:40] <Pikachu> explain ?
    [23:40] <DeVore> I cant have people thinking they can post **** and get away with it
    [23:40] <Pikachu> "DO" as in what ?
    [23:41] <DeVore> this was funny
    [23:41] <DeVore> and noone will really care
    [23:41] <Pikachu> aye - thats where you say u got him caught...
    [23:41] <DeVore> and people will demand to know who
    [23:41] <Pikachu> say u can't cos they are being sued by indigo
    [23:41] <DeVore> it could still be a laugh rather then a witch hunt
    [23:42] <DeVore> noone would believe me
    [23:42] <Pikachu> they would
    [23:42] <Pikachu> hmmm
    [23:42] <DeVore> and they'd scream for a name them
    [23:42] <DeVore> and they'd scream for a name them
    [23:42] <DeVore> and they'd scream for a name then
    [23:42] <DeVore> this way its just a laugh
    [23:42] <Pikachu> give them chromes :P
    [23:42] <DeVore> lol
    [23:42] <Pikachu> ahhh but theres so much more i can do !
    [23:42] <DeVore> but people know that despite the best attempts you still got caught
    [23:43] <DeVore> sorry bubbs but I have to or every muppet will start
    [23:43] <Pikachu> i understand...
    [23:43] <DeVore> I'll make you a deal
    [23:43] <Pikachu> gah this sucks :(
    [23:43] <DeVore> you post an admission that you got caught and it was fun etc
    [23:44] <DeVore> and I'll tell you why its important for me to do this
    [23:44] <Pikachu> :-/
    [23:45] <DeVore> people already totally believe its you anyway
    [23:45] <DeVore> it cant get worse haha
    [23:45] <DeVore> but you cant go on making the admins look dumb :/
    [23:45] <Pikachu> i don't mind ppl knowing - you know i don't give a **** - but i don't want most ppl to know yet
    [23:45] <Pikachu> ohh thats it :)
    [23:45] <DeVore> for reasons I cant go into
    [23:45] <DeVore> yes
    [23:45] <DeVore> but not why you think
    [23:45] <DeVore> its not an ego thing.
    [23:45] <Pikachu> well thats understandable...
    [23:46] <DeVore> its a very definite reason
    [23:46] <Pikachu> i know its not a ego thing
    [23:46] <DeVore> people have to know they cant **** with the boards and not be responsible because as funny as this is
    [23:46] <DeVore> next thing it will be Ste with me and kiddieporn
    [23:46] <DeVore> or some politician
    [23:46] <Pikachu> i totally understand...
    [23:47] <DeVore> not really, I need to say more but right now I cant
    [23:47] <Pikachu> np's
    [23:47] <Pikachu> beb need a piss
    [23:47] <DeVore> k
    [23:48] <Pikachu> baq
    [23:49] Pikachu invents a time machine
    [23:50] <DeVore> :)
    [23:50] <DeVore> nope
    [23:50] <Pikachu> you just want me to come out full stop ?
    [23:50] <DeVore> yup
    [23:50] <Pikachu> that hurts man
    [23:51] <DeVore> you can make it as funny as you like, say you are starting a webpage to poke the eye of the leading scene figures
    [23:51] <DeVore> people would read it like crazy sure
    [23:51] <DeVore> to see if they get a mention
    [23:51] <Pikachu> yah - but the abuse i would get
    [23:51] <DeVore> you're going to get it even if we say nothing
    [23:51] <DeVore> besides, the abuse you give is 100% worse haha
    [23:52] <Pikachu> lol
    [23:52] *** Disconnected ***
    *** Log file closed: 06/02/00 23:52:51

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

what a crap thread this is turning out to be.

I'd like to apologise to bubbles. I'd like to say I'm sorry for having slighted him, for having brought his good name into disrepute, for doubting the veracity of his claims and for insinuating that he would EVER muck about on Boards, have second accounts or pretend to be someone else.

I'd like to apologise also for treating him roughly during the Admin move over, for calling him a troll and for implying that his posts were not completely serious and not a proper and true representation of his views or that he would fake logs, adjust them so he appears the wounded party or mix several from various time periods.

I'd like to but I'd be completely lying through my teeth lol! *

DeV.

* (c) Amp

Those log entries where taken excatly in order, from my log files. I admit I removed 2 sections of the logs - where I mentioned someone elses involvment who really had nothing to do with it at all (about 7 lines removed)

Don't like what you read? Well, thats excatly how it happened. Of course you can post up your copy of the logs and that will verify that they do match.

I didn't want to drag them up, after all it was a private conversation between you and me, but you said i was caught like a MOFO when that wasn't true.. as you can see I didn't have much of a choice.

Truth hurts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

no you have gotten all that over with plese put ur dirty laundry backwhere ever you were holding on to it.

tbh all that i have seen on this thread has sickned me.
    Maybe they should bring back dualing even if it just means we are not subjected to this type of stuff again.
    If you have an issue there are the means to air it privately.
    Pm and email remember those ?

There are a lot of people here that did not know boards exsisted 3 years ago and could not give a toss about ur lil feud imagionary or other wise all you have both done is bring down the tone of boards consideribly. Boards.ie is one of thos erare thing that is bigger them the sum of it's parts.

For the record there are times on boards where i have seem newbies scorned and put down but then again there are a lot of them welcomed in here and give good advice and support.

Locking the admin thread did indeed piss me off for there was a thread about changing the paganism board i really wanted to respond to but hey i got over it.

Yes admin was a bit nuts at times with everyone who felt they had more the 2 cents to add to a topic jumping in showing off how much they knew. But then again from it came a lot of good ideas that at times evolved from dicussions.

So the admins are tryin to find a balance, so the new system has teething problems it may work or yet be scrapped. But i'm sure we will end up with something that works eventaully. And we will have the admins to thank for that.

Well this ist my first every anrgy post to boards , hopefully i wont have to do it again.

Women :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Mmmm... soap operas are great aren't they? ... so, let me get this straight...

...Sheila and Jason fell down a hole and Skippy found them... Alf and Ailsa crashed into the diner, killing Don Fisher (twice)

... Tim decided to fax porno pictures to young master Bibbles' boss, and tell 'im that young master Bibbles put them on his part of the "INTARWEB"...

...but Tim had no actual tangible proof that it was actually young master Bibbles ? And he knew that young master Bibbles couldnt have done it from work? ... OOH THAT WAS SMART TIM!

... Morag went out fishing for tuna and accidentally killed Flipper... Where does Kylie fit into it all ? STREWTH MATE! Throw another muppet on the barbie

The characters and events in this film are fictitious and not intended to refer to actual persons living or dead, places or events. Any similarities to actual persons living or dead, places or events is unintentional and entirely coincidental. Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

I have nothing to do with this except for that ive got really ****ing sore eyes because of that log 0_o!!QUOTE]The logs - bit long - but they tell a story...[/QUOTE]

Just a bit?

What channels do yous use etc...? or am i not authorised to recieve that answer?[

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

rofl

[23:49] <DeVore> you would have to admit you were a suspect haha
    [23:49] <bubbles> ahh c'mon
    [23:49] <bubbles> i havn't done any crap like that in ages !

3 years and not a word has changed :)

BTW, for anyone who doesnt want to waste 10 minutes of thier life reading that the gist of it is:

<DeVore> Your a troll
    <bubbles> omg, im so not, i would never troll
    <DeVore> Your a troll
    <bubbles> omg, im so not, i would never troll
    <DeVore> Your a troll
    <bubbles> ok, im a troll

Only bubbles would post logs of himself getting owned to feed a further troll, thats dedication :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

How about having a system where all the mods can post, but they get "karma" (from admins only) based on what they post. If you start ranting, then you get negative karma, if you're particularly helpful, you get positive karma.

Mods with bad karma cant reply to admin, mods with good karma can.

<< Fio >>

I take it all back... Admin is alive and well.... :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

to be honest, im not sure about what all the fuss about moving the admin board, or renaming it, or doing this that and the other. lets face it, its not exactly life threatening surgery is it?

with regard to devore and bubbles, you go girls. excedingly funny stuff. ahh, i remember it well.....

and with regard to the main thrust of some of these posts, the idea that admins and mods should toe the line all the time is rediculous. there is always going to be complaints about consitancy, especially after kharns blatent banning of some muppets oin the humour board. so he was having an off day, so what?
    some days i feel helpful, and some days i feel the need to slap someone in the face to get them to open their eyes.
    we are all inconsistant, and thats the reason why we had this big change isnt it. because off all the noise on the admin forum about this that and the other, and all of it pretty small fry stuff, boring, mole hills being made into mountains, and the flames being fanned and fueled by others (myself included).

bubbles has started off talking about the admin consistancy, to which i replied that it doesnt matter, its their board, they can tell us all to fúck of if they so wish it. ive seen posters come and go on these boards, but anyone who stays around for a while usually slots in nicely. anyone remember the spam fest that was SMAK? hes turned into a lovely little lad now.
    anyone remember the incredibly annoying know it all Boston?
    ive seen him being helpful, and hes even bought me beer.

consistancy doesnt mean squat. and its all new posters who maybe push someone on a bad day and get a smack and run off to tell everyone about how unfair such and such is.
    this is where its all come from and as far as i can see, you dont need to set up new rules, you dont need to set up new boards or forums, you dont need to drag up stuff from three years ago bubbles because it serves no purpose.
    you need to have the balls to turn around to someone and say, shut up, i dont care if youre banned for a week, or if someone deleted your nazi slogan campaign thread or whatever.

and while i recognize the fact that there has always been a philosophy of free speech, which some of us probably push to its limits, that is the one area which you have always defended zealously. hell, id have been banned from PI on numourous occasions for telling someone to shut up and get on with life with out it :)

do i actually have a point here. no.
    i like boards. i liked boards when there was a quae board. and then there were the 5 boards that we get on the front page of this site. and then there was a failed championship manager forum, and weve had a lot of stuff happening, and weve all contributed to it. we have all made this what it is.
    imagine, if i had never posted here, this place would be some sort of huge sarcasm free gay wonderland. imagine how horrible that would be! there would also be less beer ups! but we all contribute, as with any large community, again, theres going to be fighting. so i think its about time admin just deafened itself a little, and let the mods get on with the modding. and if the mods arent doing a reasonably 'consistant' job, replace them. kharn has been in charge of humour for, ohhh, eons, and we all know hes a good lad. a week of banning means nothing as far as im concerned, and all those banned should pipe down.

bugger, i need to do some work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'd agree with you Eamo but I'd be accused of sleeping with you :rolleyes:

.logic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement