Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were English...

Options
  • 08-02-2003 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

...who would you vote for and why?

I'd vote Conservative, but only after they dump IDS. They'd make short work of the firemen for a start.

...who would you vote for? 21 votes

Conservatives
    0% 0 votes
    Labour
    19% 4 votes
    Lib Dems
    19% 4 votes
    Other (loony parties)
    47% 10 votes
    None, too thick to vote
    14% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lib Dem they're a serious but not stuffy party. Good policies on Europe, evironment, tax.

Hey - they're tree-huggers you can trust! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Thanks Dave, I didnt see that thread. I'll leave this up for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not English, but I do live in England and I voted Lib Dem at the last election (and pretty much plan to in the next one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My own stance would be a moderate right of center conservative, both in social & economic matters, + living in a rural area, so I'd vote Conservative. Ironic considering their rather convaluted attitide to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Merc - that's roughly what I like about the Lib Dems as well. You're right in that they'll probably never be in power because of it though; however, I'm happy just to vote in the hopes of a strong opposition, something which Britain lacks right now.

The Tories disgust me on a basic level. Their people at grass roots level are, for the most part, deeply unpleasant - representing everything I dislike about Britain in their attitudes to other races and minority groups etc. At the top level, their politicians are at best incompetent and at worst utterly dangerous in their thinking.

Labour on the other hand is a sham; a party entirely run on the basis of spin and media manipulation, which has no room for individuality among its MPs. There are some excellent MPs on the Labour benches - Clare Short springs to mind - but frankly they're so utterly outgunned by the party spin doctors that I don't know why they bother remaining with the party at all.

Advertisement