Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading to UK Sky sub from FTV card

• 08-02-2003 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience in upgrading a UK FTV card to a paid Sky subscription. The main reason I'm asking is that I'm planning on paying by credit card, and usually when ordering by telephone a company will ask you for the address that the card is registered to, which in my case will be an Irish one. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Glennus,

PM sent to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Can you send me the same PM ??

Thnx !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rav

Please can you send me the pm too

Thanks

PMs sent to you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I think that this would be of interest to quite a number of people. Can we all see the information please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Can you PM me too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yep, it'd be great to see that info. Why not just post it?

If you don't want to - can you p.m. me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

I agree this info would be helpful for everyone.

However if you have a FTV card from a relative/friend and if they are prepared for you to send them the money on a regular basis could they not use their address and bank details for you? It takes an element of trust but between some people that surely exists. Or am I missing something about the actual upgrade itself?

I have sent of an email asking if it would be alright for me to put up the information on the site if and when I get a reply I will put if up if I get the okay. You have to understand that this could be classed as a form of advertising and we all know how the board’s moderators feel about that. But if in the mean time you really want the info feel free to pm me and I will pass it on to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

PM me with the details, and I'll decide wheather to post it up here or not.

• Advertisement

I discussed it with Sky Digi Kid, it wont be appearing in any thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by sayireland
    However if you have a FTV card from a relative/friend and if they are prepared for you to send them the money on a regular basis could they not use their address and bank details for you? It takes an element of trust but between some people that surely exists. Or am I missing something about the actual upgrade itself?

I got the card from a relative so it would be possible to do that, but I'd rather use that as a last resort due to the hassle involved. I did read somewhere on this board that the credit card address wasn't an issue to Sky, but that was months ago and I'm unable to find the thread now due to the restrictions on searching for words with less than 4 letters.

Glenn

Any thing here, Glennus?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=91171&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

This one could be the winner for you... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51481&highlight=credit+card+sky%2A

Tip: when searching for something Sky, BBC or RTE etc, type them in as Sky* BBC* and RTE* That gets them all the time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

I have used a European credit card for a sub in Ireland no problem.

However the name on the card and the contract are the same. Not sure what would happen if you were to try 'paying the sub for someone else'. May Tony might have some idea on that.

I can't imagine Sky would turn down your money if you were to say 'I want to get a sub for my brother/cousin/father-in-law and I'm paying for it as present'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Quite a few people have made presents of Sky to their relatives and so far no problems have arisen.

Tony

Originally posted by sayireland
    I have used a European credit card for a sub in Ireland no problem.

However the name on the card and the contract are the same. Not sure what would happen if you were to try 'paying the sub for someone else'. May Tony might have some idea on that.

I can't imagine Sky would turn down your money if you were to say 'I want to get a sub for my brother/cousin/father-in-law and I'm paying for it as present'

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sky Digi Kid

Could ya PM me too please? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Thanks for the replies. The FTV card is in my father's name because he is the license holder but I will get the sub in my name.

Thanks,

Glenn

Advertisement