Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Servers....

Options
  • 08-02-2003 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Ok, call me absolutely thick if you like, but I can never see the Irish servers when playing Quake III. I have OSP, etc., and I know the servers are named vishnu.ign or something like that. Are they listed on the in-game browser, or do I have to go in through Gamespy or something, or do I have to specify the server. Also Normally servers are listed (I thought) as something like 122.232.422.242:27960 or something, is there an address like this for the servers. Please can someone explain it to me. I'm sure it is simple, but any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards and thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

the q3 ingame browser sucks!

using the console you could type: "connect vishnu.ign.ie:27960" but there is no guarantee that there will be ppl playing.

the best thing to do would be to add the server to your favourites in gamespy and refresh it to see if anyone is playing there.

you could also get yourself a game by dropping into irc and asking someone to play you.
    channel: #quake.ie
    server: ign.ie.quakenet.org

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Don't even start me on IRC. I can get it working, but can never get into anything recognisable. I always end up on strange US sites. One thing at a time. Thanks though, I will give it a try later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

go to www.boards.ie/chat

will bring you into the boards chat room

now you can type

/nick count666

/join quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

maybe your not joining the right server (if its there at all) so... a quick run through on setting up mIRC

install and open mIRC.

-File > Options.
    -under Category window, highlight the Connect node.
    -in the pane on the right, click Add.
    -fill in the following:
    --Description: QuakeNet: EU, IE, Dublin
    --IRC Server: ign.ie.quakenet.org
    --Port(s): 6667
    --Group: QuakeNet
    -now click Add
    -click Connect to IRC Server
    -now in your status window, type: "/join #quake.ie"

if you still end up the wrong channel... serves you right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Thanks again CH, I will try this when I get home (Bloody work again), and if I can stop playing Unreal 2 (got it yesterday) for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Advertisement