Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Startopia - Your Verdict

Options
  • 30-07-2001 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

I realise this topic may have been created before but I would like to hear your opinions on this game.
    I only played the demo but even at that I thought it was Class.

I loved that Bio-Dome thing.

Is it worth the Cash ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

the demo is fun but my friend is considering getting it he already owns theme park and theme park world so theres not much point in getting it if you have those or if you have dungeon keeper 1 or 2

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

I've played them Games but did'nt seem to find the right Enjoyment from them but Startopia delivered.
    biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

very funny game. The loads of little details in the game is what makes it fun.

The downside to the game is there is only 10 levels in single player.

Thanks Hobbes.
    smile.gif
    Have you tried the Multiplayer ??

Is it any good ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

i thought it was great, btw, thats balls my rooster obsessed friend, Startopia is far more than a sequel, similar yes, and suspicious considering MuckyFoot were founded by ex-bullfroggers but startopia will keep you completely entertained for about 15hrs, i's short but not easy...

i hate it when when my neighbours invade and kill me while i'm going aaawwwwwwwwww at the little critters swimming on the biodeck...

any one else buy 5 memau's thinking they were scuzzers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just played the demo and thought it was class but if it only has 10 single player levels I might hold off on buyin' it frown.gif

After playing the Demo I felt I needed more.
    Even if it does only have 10 single player levels - It still sounds COOL.

biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Yeah buy it...you can always swap it with a m8...I want to buy Max Payne so it's either one or the other frown.gif

Yeah - I probably will.

I just love that Bio-Dome thingy.
    Its just so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

When I first seen it in a magazine I didn't like the look of it at all, thought it would be crap for some reason. But got the demo and loved it then the game smile.gif

One of the fan sites has a mod for the demo, I think it turn the mission into sandbox mode so you can play around a bit more, you can get it at http://www.strategyplanet.com/startopia/modfiles.shtml

Also the patch that they are working on will add support for extra missions smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Thanks Mantel.
    Good Stuff.
    smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I regret spending 40 quid on it (I'd have money for max payne now). Its good but too short. Reminiscent of Dungeon Keeper with a good old space theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Yeah it is a bit short, looking in the startopia folder there are a few more folders that look like unfinished missions or something like that and I read somewhere that the sandbox mode is what the games all about, maybe they didn't get all the missions and stuff for them finished on time or maybe it's what they planed. Hopefully that patch thats being worked on will allow alot more missions to be added.

Also I got it for £35 in smiths wink.gif They seem to have most of the new releases at £5 less then Game and eb, but they seem to take thier time moveing the prices down when its been on the shelf for awhile.

Advertisement