Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about NTL Digital

Options
  • 08-02-2003 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the ICDG Cable forum but haven't had much response so I'm posting it again here.

The main reason I'm interested in Digital at all is not channel choice but picture quality. I've got a Panasonic AE100 16:9 projector and although the picture quality from DVD's is great, the picture from analogue NTL leaves a lot to be desired what with grain and interference etc.

Can I assume that NTL Digital will be a marked improvement PQ wise over analogue? Am I going to see a noticable difference in PQ because as I said thats the only reason I'd want digital. Is the improvement anything like that between VHS and DVD for example?

As a result of the fewer channels available on Irish NTL(which I'm not bothered about), does that mean that the bitrates are higher than on NTL in the UK or SKYD meaning no or fewer Mpeg artifacts?

If for instance someone is watching a DVD on the PJ is it possible for the NTL Digibox to be moved to another room and connected to the NTL RF Wall socket in that room (we currently have and pay for 2 extra tv points) in order to watch SKY Sports etc on that TV?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I cant comment on the gear us use or the difference you might see but on a bog-standard Sony 21" telly the diff between analogue and digital is pretty obvious esp on some channels.

Grain and "banding" at 6 ft viewing distance is pretty much non-exsistent.

Mike.

Advertisement