Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 3....

Options
  • 13-07-2001 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

... has no 60Hz mode.

And SCEE have the balls to tell consumers that this is a GOOD thing, in an email which claimed that games run faster and look better in 50hz mode. Not only cheeky, but downright wrong.

These people need shooting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whats the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Shroom

What ive seen of Gran Turismo 3 is downright amazing...once again it seems the game itself will be miles ahead of its predecessor GT2.
    Im not sure exactly what this has to do with your post shinji biggrin.gif but i think the game looks amazing, and cant wait to have it myself.....

Friend of mine had the jap import, although i think he's sold it at this stage, it looked and played bloody amazing, very smooth.. I'm just wondering what the difference between the two frequency modes are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

50hz mode (which is what PAL televisions run at) is 17.5% slower than 60Hz mode in most conversions.

60Hz mode also looks smoother on your telly, for obvious reasons. Some old PAL TVs won't take a PAL-60 signal, but the vast majority of sets currently in operation will.

Almost all Dreamcast games have an option to switch between 50 and 60 hertz operation - it's considered to be one of the things that Sega got REALLY right about the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I dont like driving games.
    This game shall not be in my collection when it comes out

• Advertisement

thats nice fisty. take it to a thread that cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

GT3 plays the same as its predecessors.
    The graphics look nice, but not what i expected.
    the game could never fail.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I knew you'd post something ditching Gt3 Shinji.
    Id bet you'd accept that reason if it came from nintendo. smile.gif

How much is it gonna be ?
    I dont think Id pay £60 for it.. Its a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

this is dissapointing and yes ther is a big difference between the modes,especally on m-s-r for the dreamcast the good thing about 60hz mode is that its full screen(no boarders) and its alot smoother

BIO-the only worthwhile clan left in ireland...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> knew you'd post something ditching Gt3 Shinji.</font>

Sigh. Actually I like the game rather a lot, which is WHY I am annoyed that it runs in 50Hz only and Sony are being so bloody arséy about the whole affair.

If Ninty did something similar I'd also be deeply píssed off at them. I don't play favourites.

[This message has been edited by Shinji (edited 14-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

i think shooting somebody over the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz is a bit drastic though wink.gif

Sure, some games have come out in 50hz just fine - it's all down to how good your conversion is.

However, shooting the Sony communications department for lying about it is what I'm on about. An email from a chap at Sony which was posted onto Usenet recently has SCEE claiming that 50hz games have better framerate than 60hz games, that they look better and have less colour bleed, and basically talking utter bull and trying to make it look like they're doing them a favour by denying them the ability to play the game as it was originally designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

does it have the black borders left over from conversions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

When is GT3 out over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kensai:
    When is GT3 out over here?</font>

Friday.

Nice just got a PS2, currently playing Red Faction and after Ring Of Red or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've played a copy of it in gamsworld in liffey street and i must say it is fine. I own GT2 and am still not finished it,only 89% done,but GT3 looks and handles very nicely so it don't really matter about the drop in hertz,as long as it works,thats good enough for me.

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Some stores are taking pre-bookings. I called and was told I may be able to get it Thursday but defo Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

just got a call from electronics boutique on dawson street, my pre-ordered GT3 is going to cost 55 quid?!?! I could get it from amazon.co.uk for 34.99 (45 quid IRL). I told them to keep it for me but I am going to shop around!

They can forget about it at that price.

• Advertisement

It's 44.99 in HMV Grafton Street.

I got it for £49:99 up the square.

Same price as C&C on the ps1 3 or 4 years ago smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

i am an avid fan of the gt games and this one does not fail the brand it somehow betters its predocessor a massive brialiant game my preodered copy just arived off amazon and i won t stop playing tll i die of exhaustion pity there only 200 cars ah weel no **** yaris and golfs this time around but does that take away the fun?

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

There is a Yaris in it, and it is a pile of $hite, naturally. I, for one, am glad that they reduced the number of cars - of the 600 or so in GT2, you'll never drive over 450 of them most likely.

They cut out most of the crap models and second hand ones and left in the better high speed - there are still some total turkeys in GT3 if you want to try and soup them up and get them to pass the Dodge Viper or Gillet Vertigo Race Car (need I add that that will *not* be happening smile.gif )

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 30-07-2001).]

yeah but the bad cars were funny like the daihatsu midget and all the rest and in my opinion the longevity and replay value are all gone well not totally but in gt3 the amount of cups and challenges most of them are for the bad cars which was great

Perhaps you could try punctuating what you type so that it makes some sense.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but in gt3 the amount of cups and challenges most of them are for the bad cars which was great</font>

I'm assuming you mean gt2 there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

is GT3 out already, or when is it due out anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    is GT3 out already, or when is it due out anyone know?</font>
    It came out at least a week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Rally section is fun, bought a spanking new ford focus rally version smile.gif Is it worth getting the GT Force steering wheel for it? Any one tried it?

• Advertisement

i still enjoy gt2 more than i do gt3 because it has a lot more depth and the amopunt of cars is still the main seller for me lets hope the exspansion pack exists anyone got any info on it?

Advertisement