Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading Credit Card

Options
  • 08-02-2003 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to load up a credit card with a low limit. I recently got a one and want to buy some more expensive stuff through the net. Also can you view/top up through the net too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just lodge a whole pile of cash to it in the normal way that you'd pay it off.

Most banks with an online facility will at least let you transfer money to your card using the web. Don't know about the second part but someone will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Forgive the cc n00bie, oh cc gods. Afaik one pays the bill at the end of the month so that would be the only opportunity one would have to put extra cash in. Failing that walking into my bank and handing over the cash would be another idea. (Funny how I just thought of that:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

if you're a banking 365 customer for example, select pay bills
    and pay whatever you want from your cc to your account.
    You can lodge any amount you want to your card whenever you
    want, you'll earn (bugger all) interest on credit balances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Same with AIB 24 hour banking - transfer funds onto the card... buy what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by CivilServant
    Failing that walking into my bank and handing over the cash would be another idea.

Oh yeah, that'd be fine. I usually pay some of mine off whenever I get the notion, there are regular CC lodgement slips available (I usually use the express box).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I'm with 24houronline but I have to ring someone first b4 bills can be paid online. Muchos Gracias for all the advice. :)

Advertisement