Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

...although im not sure why. I hope its not Civ 3 youre aiming your derision at, because that is one of the most accomplished games ive played in a very long time. I havent spent any real length of time playing Alpha-Centauri so I dont know about that one.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Civ 3 is fantastic now but was a total disaster on release. With 1.29f patch it's the best single player game I have at the moment (until CM4 comes out at least) but they took their sweet time.

Also the play the world expansion didn't even ****ign work on release and had to be patched for the multiplayer to be even vaguely stable seeing as the only reason to buy the thing was the multiplayer I reckon Firaxis are a load of shysters or can't afford to beta test their games so just release them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Im not sure which patch im running on Civ 3 now, but I do know that I got it immediately after getting the game at Christmas 2002 and have never had any difficulty with it. I got Play the World a month or so ago, and Ive never encountered any difficulties playing it single player or multiplayer (apart from one single player bug with the regicide mode, which is rubbish in single player anyway so that doesnt matter).

If youre complaining about all the patches necessary to play Civ 3, its clear you didnt buy Tribes 2 on release... :)

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have requested a board for CM, does anyone think it could fly ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97654

BTW how do I stop my manager's points being reset to Zero ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It ****ing should do if there's a board for racing sims there should be one for cm I reckon.

Registering my support forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Championship Manager is ridiclously addictive, but I think it's much to random. Using the same players and tactics and team one game will get you winning the Champions Cup and the game see you being fired in the second season. In my experience.

Civ 3 is superb. My copy no longer works and no longer will install even (error copying kernel whatever that means). Stopped working since I installed some dodgy mods.
    I disliked the the way in the patched version horseback units lose the ability to withdraw from combat. (cos this ability was key to my strategy early on in the game)

Know sites where you can download the game for free, but if you put up a link to a warez website they delete your post and put up one instead that calls you a retarded gibbon.

Advertisement