Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't figure out how tro transfer my emails to my new computer

• 09-02-2003 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I can't figure out how tro transfer my emails(those in my inbox) to my new computer
    both use outlook express

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Just look for files on your hard drive with the extension *.dbx eg inbox.dbx. These are the files that contain all your emails. You will need to take all the *.dbx files from your old computer and put them onto your new one.

When you place these files on your new computer you will have to tell outlook express where they are located. This is pretty easy to do and 'help' will explain it to you if you get stuck.

One important thing to remember is that if you are copying the files from your old computer onto a CDR and then back onto your new computer that you disable the 'read only' settings on the files once they are on your new computer otherwise outlook wont be able to recognise them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DAFUB

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ye can do that, but its a pain!

go to download.com and get a prog called e-backup

it will backup all emails, accounts, newgroups, address & favourites into one neat compressed file thatyou can just restore on the new pc in one nice handyclick.

you can also specify data folders to be compressed in the archive.

the program is a gem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Can you not export the Outlook emails and settings to one file and then import that ? Can this be done in Express ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No, it exports Outlook Express emails to MS Outlook or MS Exchange

• Advertisement
Advertisement