Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long must we wait ?

Options
  • 09-02-2003 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Before we can tell a NASA or Space Shuttle Joke without being banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

For as long as anyone takes offence at telling jokes about people who died in very tragic circumstances

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by BioHazRd
    For as long as anyone takes offence at telling jokes about people who died in very tragic circumstances

Bio
    AKA forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 poneill

The Catholic Church ran many institutions, most of which are closed.

In these institutions many people died in "Tragic Circumstances"

Matters are now in the hand of a tribunal who will compensate the survivors for more of the "Tragic Circumstances" , generally not involving death but you never know.

Therefore it may be argued that The matter of the Catholic Church and "Tragic Cirumstances" is currently sub judice.

Consequently all humourous references are not only Bannable offences but legal grounds for an action to be taken against the publisher or the agent of the publisher the Moderators.

Any comments before I feel compelled to make a joke in bad taste about the Catholic Church and some "Tragic Circumstances " in which they played a part ???

Personally I feel that all anti clerical jokes are major no no's until the go ahead is given as to their not being and the precise circumstances which will not lead a topic sub judice like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Any jokes at ALL that are in bad taste or just utterly offensive are banned, poneill, - not just those that refer to the shuttle disaster (or the clergy).

Do you have a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes that YOU guys get to decide what is offensive and not us the actuall readers and posters who make the boards!. Why are we not given a choice? like ticking a box in our personal options so that we can see "snipped" comments.

And then I added one of those NASA "jokes" in my post and I got banned for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Shouldn't we be able to read what we want?

Y'see, we have these things called "moderators" for a reason... but I'll not bother going into it... I'm sure someone else will happily explain to you why this site, while not a democracy, has to be policed to be kept well away from spiralling into complete anarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Well now come on... Thats really not on...

Given the considerable amounts of money OfflerCrocGod and the rest of us pay for this service I think we really ought to have some input into....

Oh hang on.....

Um...

Bugger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Well before it starts.. :)
    setmypeoplefree.jpg

Advertisement