Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I love what I do........

Options
  • 09-02-2003 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

09/02/2003 : 11:53:55
    We always have these people who log onto our webste and the phantom web site and the blast web site, etc, etc, etc. who claim to know it all and to have a supreme opinion on what is good and what is ****e, with regard to music and bands in general. ( See our bands and Music Section ).

But I have to admit that I go to gigs alot and every so often I am completely blown away by some bands.

Last Night I was blown away by The Beautiful Losers and then The Greenbacks also played a stormer of a gig, in the Music Centre.
    The Beautiful Losers in particular where an excellent band, with a great frontman, an amzingly tight and balanced band with each member complimenting each others influences and style.
    The Greenbacks have some really good radio friendly songs, I can see big things happening for them, and I hope to see them in the near future, I will be trying to get them involved, but I think that they are one of the few bands out there that haven't caught the Internet bug, so that is why they aren't as involved as they could be.
    Before that I was in Voodoo last week and there was an act a band called Duke Special, and he was just sheer class, brilliant voice and a great and original style of music, that I would challenge anybody to say that he isn't talented.
    I had to get his Demo and payed my last 10 Euro on it but f**k it, it was worth it.
    The demo didn't show off his vocal skills as much as his live experience but if you get a chance you should check him out. He has the Early Tom Waits catchy melody and brilliant lyrics working for him and then he has the late eccentricity of Tom Waits going on also, and to top it all of he has the most amazing voice I have ever heard.
    Fair Play, don't leave it too long before coming back.
    But before that I have't been blown away since I seen Sundogs playing at the Layne Staley Tribute, back in April I think, I have already talked these guys up enough, there a brilliant band I have seen them about six times since then, and there always a pleasure to watch, there one of my Fifi's favourite bands, so I asked them to play an acoustic set at there going away party and they were nice enough to accept, and I think we all had a great night, in short they are all lovely lads and a brilliant band also.

Other great acts to look out for, Skyjack ( My personal Fav band on the Dublin Music Scene ) Popstar ( Really, really annoyingly Catchy band ) Mike got Spiked ( You'll laugh, you'll cry you'll wet yourself ) Ginseng ( these guys rawk ) Otranome ( See previous Statement ) Pier Nineteen ( You will listen to Keith's voice and be convinced that you are in heaven, the most brilliantly melodic band I have ever heard ) Polar ( Lovely lads great band ) Blotooth ( Soon the rest of the Country will know why we cherish them so much, their going to be huge ) THe Muder of Crows, ( brilliant )
    I am sure that there is much more, that I can't think of at the moment, but in short the Dublin Music Scene has grown alot, and if you think that all the bands are ****e, then why don't you just emmigrate ( PS know that is not why my Fifi's heading over sea's ).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

Cheers Niall, yeh last night was a good night of music and we thank you for putting on these nights, your contribution is greatly appreciated, tom.

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE HEADS OF THE SMART, THE DUBLIN SCENE WOULD BE AS BLAND AS EVER, WITH ALL THESE BANDS BEING DILUTED WITH THE REST OF THE MUCK.

bravo to the heads!we all know who they are, so i'm not even going to dignify the (twats)who don't know who they are

you know?

Advertisement