Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Spam

Options
  • 09-02-2003 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

In my daily spam intake, I'm now getting 1 or 2 messages a day trying to sell Norton products (Systemworks, etc.).

Is this sanctioned by Symantec? If it is, then it would put be off buying their products and they should stop.

If its not sanctioned, then the spammers are probably damaging Symantec's reputation and they should be stopped.

Anyone know what the story with these mails is?

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Nothiing to do with Hosting.........moved to webmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I get alot of this along with all the other crap those Internet vermin called spammers send. I emailed Symantec about this and got a quick reply as pasted below.

Hello Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear that you are being inundated with these large quantities of SPAM mail relating to Symantec products. Unfortunately, these are not authorized Symantec partners and we have nothing to do with them. In many cases, they are selling outdated or even pirated versions of software that was most likely bought in bulk from someone as newer versions were released. I can assure you that Symantec is doing everything it can to shut these companies down. Here is a link to our Spam Watch Response Center where you can read more about our efforts: http://www.symantec.com/spamwatch/

I sure hope you don't hold the actions of these renegade Internet proprietors against us. Symantec has many products that are best-of-breed, as well as being the market leader in their particular class. It would be a shame if you weren't able to take advantage of what we have to offer.

Kurt Dahlin
    Symantec Online Support
    PLEASE NOTE: Do not reply to this email, as you will not receive any response from email returned to Symantec. Please contact technical support if you need further assistance.

Advertisement