Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go on, have a read

Options
  • 09-02-2003 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Just so this post dosent het moved ill put a joke in it?

why did the chicken cross the road ?
    to get to the other side.

Sorry about that. Now to the issue at hand.
    Whats with all this censorship on boards (having said that they've done a half assed job(in this section alone there are jokes about kids talking about masterbation) i mean banning jokes that are pollitically incorrect or lude could be avoided if they put a content advisory message on the boards.
    Its really down to 2 options
    1) allow all content
    2) Or censor it all and not what the moderators call censorship picking and choosing what they like but letting risky jokes and coments through that dont find offensive.

Having said that in a big fan of Boards.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Basically all jokes generally must be viewable in a work environment and/or by young children. Obviously this is subject to the moderator,(all hail Kharn!)

And not everything is censor because maybe Kharn hasnt seen it yet, if you are offend send an alert to the mods.

I think this is more suitable in feedback or admin? Probably feedback though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

As Sangre said, if you see any joke that you find offensive, or otherwise in breach of the charter, (you have read the charter, haven't you) just click the little red "report" at the bottom of the post. Myself or Kharn will look into it as quickly as possible, and deal with it accordingly.

Kharn has been having some bad press recently, due to a lot of these posts being dealt with harshly and "inconsistently" (not my words). Let me tell you something - He is only one man, and cannot be everywhere at the same time. That is why I have been asked to co-mod the Humour board. I will continue to be harsh, but hopefully fair too. With two of us looking at the board, we should be able to deal with these complaints in a more expeditious way. Yes, threads will be edited, and yes, people will get banned, but until people around here start to use their common sense when posting, I don't really see any other way of dealing with things. I look forward to the day when I can read the humour board and say to myself, "that was a laugh..."

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by YoungNastyMna
    i mean banning jokes that are pollitically incorrect or lude could be avoided if they put a content advisory message on the boards.
    There is a content advisory message. It's called the Charter. Plus posters are assumed to be big kids now, and have a little common sense when posting. Just like in law, "I didn't know", or "I never saw the Charter" is no defence when you or your post gets nuked. Every board has a charter (and if they don't, point it out), so there's no excuse.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The main problem I have with the moderation is that you are never given an option to actually see "it"(Like the post can be read by a clicking a link instead of never seeing it at all ).

Also we are not kids there's nothing wrong with us seeing the word **** without a lode of stars in the way, come on we are adults!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Also we are not kids there's nothing wrong with us seeing the word **** without a lode of stars in the way, come on we are adults!

Please bear in mind, that not everyone who reads boards is an adult - we like to keep things safe for EVERYONE to view.

If you really feel the need to see a snipped joke, why not PM the original poster and ask them to tell you. But that being said, any posts of the "I saw that joke, and it wasn't that bad......" variety will be completely ignored. If we snip a joke, we do it for a very good reason.

Bio

• Advertisement
Advertisement