Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word XP printing problems

• 09-02-2003 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Howdy

Have to print a report for college which contains a large number of graphs copied and pasted from a program called mathcad. Trouble is on printing i get the outline of the graph but not the waves, points, lines etc on the graph. Initially i tried the printer troubleshooter and had some success as on copying the documents into wordpad they printed fine and hence the trouble shooter told me it was a problem with Word and not the printer. Tried Words help system about getting graphics to print, implemented all there suggestions but to no avail. Also updated office xp with all the sp's availabe and no effect. Does anyone know the cause of this problem? or have had a similar experience?

points to note
    pasted jpg's print fine
    tried it on two other printers in college and the same happened
    and i can't get acrobat to convert the document to a pdf either but not sure if this connected.

thanks data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

If the graph is small enough to fit in a full screen, do a screen grab of it, using print screen, paste it into paint, save it as a .bmp and then insert picture from file in word, browsing to the bitmap that you got from the screen dump...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

tried copying in and pasting it into paint, but the wave on the graph was not visible when it was pasted

interesting however copied a sine wave directly from mathcad into paint and saved it as a bitmap, it printed fine then from word. i could probably replace all them like that but theres about 70 bloody graphs :(

Ninja dispite my bitching i'm going bmp those images and sort it out, just to say thanks very much you saved me a good bit of hassle.

Advertisement