Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MaNAkIn's Next Gigs

Options
  • 09-02-2003 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

We got a few more gigs in the pipeline.

We will be playing at the drinking establishment owned by none other than Mister Bryson on february 28th. We will be joint headlining this gig with a band we are friends with from the Dungannon area. It is a friends going away party but i think it is open to the public as well. Hopefully so, ill have to ask Mister Bryson Juniour about that. I hope to see u there.

We also have a gig confirmed for March 22nd in Curlies bar ( The Cellar Bar) in the Town of Drapers. This is our first headlining gig and i guarentee you it will be memorable. We will be on for at least an hour and a half and we there are a few changes/surprises compared to the last gig. We will probably be having a support band called Anticog. Thats Michael mc Cann, Gary trainer, Huggy and sum guy from belfast. (lower sixths). Ill confirm this at a later date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

please tell me the band logo is the band name is gay, kiddie KraZy writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Well, they could! Nobody would care though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

damn i be away for that one.... :o

might make the draperstown one...

you should go to d'town, as i will be there. in my home town. a good night for all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Just to confirm, Manakin's gig on 28th is indeed open to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dudeRancher

UPDATE: We've landed ourselves another gig at Brysons. Support for the Screaming Gypsies gig on the 8th March pulled out and the lead singer (remembering us) has asked us to fill in. So, to recap... Manakin will be rocking out:

Brysons - 28th February with Gabes + Snoopy.

Brysons - 8th March supporting Screaming Gypsies.

The Cellar Bar, Draperstown - 22nd March with support AntiCog.

Also the possibility exists of our entering a battle of the bands competition. Stay tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by dudeRancher

Brysons - 8th March supporting Screaming Gypsies.

that'll be some night..... :)

Hell yes.

They'll pack out the place plus we'll have our crowd as well. Expect it packed, hot, sweaty, drunk and stoned. Is there anything better? :)

Oh and new covers from us. A little AiC maybe, Ved Red and Pearl Jam + more.

that'll keep me mighty happy since PJ and AiC are my fave bands. play Nutshell!!

• Advertisement

Yes, The Screamin' Gypsies are rather an excellent band. With their classic metal, and Manakin's more contemporary offerings, all metalheads should be catered for. In fact, there's a chance that everyone mightn't get in, coz The Screamin Gypsies always pack the place full on their own, but with Manakin as well, a few people may end up disappointed. GET IN EARLY!!

or...go to draperstown gig instead ;)

or...go to draperstown gig instead ;)
    Nah, that wouldn't be as good. The Screamin' Gypsies totally kick ass! It would be like missing Christmas!!

or lent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Manakin

Shush fado. Dont say anything more bout set list or possible songs!!!

wow, is duderancher phado? I thought it was pete...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Hey phado! What are you doiun? It was supposed to be a secret!!! I'm not gonna go now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Im just a poor boy from a poor family!
    SCARAMOUCHE! SCARAMOUCHE! DO TEH CHAA-CHAA
    BOLTS OF LIGHTNING WITH ARE ACTUALLY QUITE FRIGHTENING! ARISTOTALE! ARISTOTALE! ARISTOTALE! Let him LEAVE!

Seeing as everyones started talking baout identities i just thought i'd go off on a rant. Its been a while.;)

it was pretty obvious it was Phado! i mean, Duderancher is his name. Phado is big into blink 182 and the sort. pete is not....seriously axe, you have gone downhill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

aye peter uve gone down hill big time.....

• Advertisement

C'mon lads, I'm not that bad!!! I told pete about the new gig, and a while later, this duderancher guy comes on and announces it here. I just made the assumption it must be pete. Gimme a break!!!

you should be hung for your jokes alone

Enough about the goddamn jokes!!!!!!!! Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!

i will cut you a deal. you stop telling them, i will stop mocking them

That wouldn't work. Because i have a name of telling bad jokes, people react to all my jokes as if they were awful, they aren't all that bad, it was just that one joke, which (a) I didn't mean to say, and (b) no-one else was supposed to hear. When was the last time i told a bad joke? See, you can't remember!!! NOW STOP MOCKING THEM!!!!!!!!!

when did u last tell a good one

That is irrelevant. The fact that i stopped telling jokes in general surely means that u should stop mocking me for telling them.

erm...no

Saturday 22nd March @ The Cellar Bar (formerly Curly's) in Draperstown...

This current circuit of gigs finishes in the illustrious Cellar Bar in Draperstown. You wont see us playing out again until after the exams, so if you want one last blow-out with all yer mates and some killer music provided by Anti-Cog and Manakin, then this is it. Tell your friends. Tell your friends to tell their friends. It's gonna be one hell of a night.

• Advertisement

i'll be there. so will my friends. not sure about their friends though

Advertisement