Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kazaa pop ups

• 09-02-2003 8:53pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I have a bit of an issue with Kazaa pop-ups.
    Now, I understand that whilst I am running Kazaa it will naturally try to ram as many advertisements down my throat as possible, however, I have a problem with pop-ups when I'm not running Kazaa in the background.
    What happens is this:
    If I open my MP3 folder (the Kazaa shared folder) whilst I am online (but not running Kazaa) in about one in two/three instances, I get a pop-up.
    Now, it only ever happens when I access that particular folder, so it's obviously Kazaa related.
    Anyone any idea how to stop this from happening, is there something I can change in the registry?
    Or, will I just have to get some spyware zapping software?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Why not just use kazaalite? it's the same program but with none of the popups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

http://doa2.host.sk/

Download Kazaa Lite Here. Will sort all your problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

The first thing will be running adaware to get rid of all the reg keys and spammy files kazaa has.
    Then install kazaa lite.

You can try manually removing the reg keys but using adaware is alot easier.

Advertisement