Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Women Threads. Is there no End.

• 09-02-2003 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, listenlady, well listen lady.
    Ive best friends with this girl for about three years now. We have been on and off for a good while. But we never got together because we just wouldnt splice, im a widly know paranoid freak dance head/rocker (odd i know). And im quite philosophical ect ect, reflection and coffey and stuff like that. She is a drinker and a fireworks regular. Big fan of Five ect ect. In short we are totally different. I know we probably would end up killing eachother but I do fancy her. What to do? I fancy her but I dont know if I want to go out with her. ????? Help, anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

if you both respect each others opinions then fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Opposites attract, or so they they say. Its generally a complete fluke if two people hit it off.
    What is your realtionship like now atm, are you getting any hints or is she oblivious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah, she "loves me" apparently. And she is my best mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I saw something on telly about human pairings. It was quite interesting. They actually suggested a reason for the fact that opposites attract, something to do with a spreading of the genes when passed on through reproduction. ie: we are biologically enduced to be attracted by our opposites as our genes would have both sides to the coin as opposed to the one side - therefore allowing successful disease prevention for example.

gee I just got semi-scientific whoa.

I say whatever floats your boat should be your pillow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

just never move in together!
    'cos when she goes to try and take your Metallica, Ride the Lightening album off the cd player just so she can listen to Five, I can see you loosing it and telling her straight what you think the IQ is of a person who could listen to such crap!!

verity is the spice of life, go for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

aye i say go for it...what does musical taste have to do with a person....i mean "really have to do with them" inside etc.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Tusky
    aye i say go for it...what does musical taste have to do with a person....i mean "really have to do with them" inside etc.... :)

lots!

i mean, its a reflection of what they think really.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hrm not really....alot of people listen to it for pure enjoyment and wouldnt reflect views or them inside....but also of coures there are some people who get rally into it :)
    well thats what i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

This is the advantage of liking Guns N' Roses. All the chicks seem to like all the ballads and stuff. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by smiles
    lots!

i mean, its a reflection of what they think really.

<< Fio >>

well...i'd agree to some extent and disagree in others. sometimes people can go too far and be pretentious about it and refuse to date anyone who doesnt have an 'alternative' taste in music for eg. i used to be like that, i wouldnt have an interest in a guy if they didnt like my kind of music but then i realised it was a bit silly. you cant help who ya fall for! (on saying that ive only been with one person who didnt have a similar taste to mine and it didnt last long...ah well!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you base your relationships on the type of music you like then you are losing out on the chance to be with so many fine people. however, it does not conclude that you will not find a fine person 'though' the muisic you listen to, ie, going to certain pubs, concerts, posting on boards etc.

but i think if you actually sit down as you have done, and then wonder if you can have a relationship with someone with dissimilar tastes in music, then you are a fool.
    youre musical taste will change. youre taste in clothes will change. so manay things will change for you, so ranking musical tastes as a precursor for a relationship doesnt really make sense.
    besides, i love my girlfriend very much, but her taste in music is really awful!
    mind you, mine isnt much better, so it works both ways.

oh, by the way, you better hope if you go for her, thats she not that stupid to only go out with guys who like 5ive (i have a 5ive album by the way. i quite like them!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

She'll grow put of Five. Move her in and convert her to metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Grimes
    I fancy her but I dont know if I want to go out with her. ????? Help, anyone?

You can't have preconceptions about what the chick would be like, give her the benefit of the doubt, you might be pleasantly surprised.

She may be the wrong woman for you, or she may be 'the one', you'd never forgive yourself for tertly sitting on your ass, holding up your hands and saying, "oh, if, I tried to make a go of it with her it'd just fail. So I won't bother.". Or maybe you would.

Be honest and cut the shít, you like her or you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

thanks for sharing this and letting me comment on your life, i appreciate it. when she bends over to pick something up does she make your crotch squirm? is she "sound"? then bang her and see how she acts after that. as long as you stay in control and retain power over the situation then the only bad outcome (and the most likely one) will be realising she's a stupid biitch and wanting nothing to do with her. just remember not to say anything like "you have to most amazing eyes" or "we have something so special together, dont we?". she goes to fireworks for a reason (I dont mean the obvious).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well he's blunt but daire there^ makes some sense :)

I agree that music shouldn't be the deciding factor in going out with someone but for some people it is a huge part of life, a lifestyle if you will.

Opposites attract but it can be a volatile mix.

Apparently :)

Advertisement