Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kittens!!!

Options
  • 09-02-2003 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Well my cat Poppy died last December, and after much arm twisting my mother has agreed to let me get a kitten!
    It needs to be a female, aged between 6-8 weeks.

Does anyone know of any kittens around who would be in that age bracket, or do you know approximately when kitten season starts? (i know its some time early spring)

Im very excited about this because I have never had a kitten, all the cats I have had were grown when I got them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If no-one here replies, there are a few links in the sticky that might help, for pounds and so on. One of the pages (Irish Pets) have little pictures of the kittens they have sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

check with your vet, because they'll usually have unwanted animals in with them, or know of some that need homes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My li'l kitty has just gone into heat. In fact I think I hear the unmerciful slut a-wooing as we speak. There are generally two kitten seasons, the next one being around May/June. If I still lived in Dublin, I'd gladly offer you one of the resultant furballs, but alas no. If you are in Dublin, there's a vet/asylum in Portobello, right on the canal, whose name I can't remember, where I originally got my cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Youre so lucky! I wish my mom would let my animals have a litter! But no, they are rushed off to the vets as soon as she thinks the opposite sex might be sniffing round!
    Im sure its good for animals to be allowed breed once or twice! :D
    how long is a cat pregnancy?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's actually only two months, I thought it was more like three.
    I'd agree it probably is healthy for an animal to be able to breed at least once (if it's not too hung-up on its career), and you certainly notice changes in their behaviour after they've spawned, very zen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Do go to the pound. Thats where we got our kitty and they had loads of them. We wanted to bring them all home! 6-8 weeks is the perfect time to bring one home too

We reckon ours was born around May, so the end of June would probably be a good time to look. And kittens are great fun once they feel at home. Ours was a bit bewildered for the first few weeks but once she got used to us she was very playful (and still is!).

Advertisement