Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive 13/02/03: Faith No More

Options
  • 10-02-2003 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Faith No More - Angel Dust

As expressly requested by thedrowner on this very message board, The Album Archive is happy to feature a Faith No More album. The record in question is, for my money, one of the essential albums of the 1990's. Following on from the huge success of 1989's "Epic" single and it's parent album "The Real Thing", Faith No More released "Angel Dust" in June 1992. This is the record that houses the singles "Midlife Crisis", "A Small Victory", "Everything's Ruined", and on later pressings, their cover of The Commodores' "Easy". It's also the final album to feature original Axemeister Jim Martin, seeing as how the bearded one was fired in 1993. And there aint a duff track among the LP's 14 songs. So enjoy this St. Valentine's Eve in the company of lovely songs such as "Jizzlobber", "Crack Hitler" and "Be Aggressive". The Album Archive, this Thursday, 8pm on Phantom.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Yes! Good call Drowner and Rob!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

can i make another suggestion
    i'd love to hear some smiths album's, if youre interested. particularly meat is murder, or maybe 'the smiths'.
    thank u very much for this though, i cant wait to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i think you should look into the smiths to.
    how the hell did they make 6 "best of's" and only have 6 origial albums.... not that i'm complaining, but someone really did well on the marketing side if things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

yes, i would also like to put my name in support of a smiths thing. i only have the usual: the first one (um...), hatful of hollow and the queen is dead. i would love to hear a show on meat is murder (this IS an album isn't it) and whichever album has that song 'unloveable' on it and another one i can't think the name of, but it was really really beautiful.

whatever about the compilation, how many albums did 'how soon is now' appear on (unless they were all on the compilations. actually, that's probably it. is hatful of hollow a compilation?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

Your requests for The Smiths are duly noted. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Rob

• Advertisement

AFAIK there were only 4 albums...
    i have 6 cd's...the 4 albums, louder than bombs and hatful of hollow.

ive just looked this up (go me, im usually way too lazy to do stuff like this)

there are four propper albums, 'the smiths', 'meat is murder', 'the queen is dead' and 'strangeways here we come'. hatful of hollow was released after the smiths, as a mixture of b sides and singles. the world wont listed was released after the queen is dead, as a mixture of singles and b sides again, and that was followed by louder than bombs for the american market. rank was the last kind of album, a live album. their last album, before rank, was strangeways, and supposedly, the last track, called 'i wont share you' is by morrissey to johnny marr.

OOoops sorry drowner...
    i guess i just don't know the smiths nearly as much as you. i still think my point about the fact that they have WAY to many "comp" albums is well founded

well, i dont undderstand it either

i think there's 3 best of's, and then 6-7 different cd's to pick songs from for the best of's so it's probably not as bad as it sounds

hey....and i wouldnt question your B & S knowledge either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

personally, i'd actually pay to hear an album archive on the Spice Girls. i'm 100% sure that would make for interesting listening.

other suggestions would include researching david hasselhoffs successful musical career in germany, and finding out whatever happened to the kelly family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Speaking of The Smiths, I see that Morrisey and Marr will be getting a nice cheque from our Russian lesbian schoolgirl duo, TATU. Apparently their next release will be a cover of "How soon is now?". Can't wait for the video.

• Advertisement

i really hate when people F uck up classical greats!
    really pisses me off!
    i hope they get a blood big cheque,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Had a listen to "Angle Dust" there the other day for the first time in an age. Great Record. Mike Patton has a great voice.

Advertisement