Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading W2K on D drive

Options
  • 10-02-2003 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I got an old PC from a Mate and it was ruinning WinNT and it also has the Disk Partisoned ? I want to Load W2K onto the D Drive is There a way of doing this or should I just wipe it clean

and If so How do I do that

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You'll be able to choose a drive/partition in the install process.

I've always wanted to ask: What are you a guru at? :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^what Adam said (both things:D)

Personally I'd wipe it. What are you going to use NT for after installing 2k?

You'll be given the option to delete all partitions at the beginning of the 2k install. There are more complicated ways but why bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Yeah I think the Best thing to do is Wipe it as I have a copy of Office Premuim and it wont let install into NT so a clean install is the Only option.

You'll be given the option to delete all partitions at the beginning of the 2k install.

Will this Clean the whole disk and be left with one drive ???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes. When a partition is removed all the data on it is lost. Win2k setup will then allow you to use the whole hard drive as a single partition, which you can format using either NTFS or FAT32. I like NTFS myself, unless you're going to dual boot it with windows 98 or something (ugh).

Advertisement