Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses

Options
  • 10-02-2003 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks

I want to doa course, like one that allows me to reinstall hard drives add RAM DVD drives, memory, trouble shoot, fix and repair, basically to help me on the way to be a computer doctor...

whats the best course to get on... and why

thanks, paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

You could probably teach yourself TBH. I've learned 90% of the stuff I know about computers from messing about with them. They've a course in my college which may be suitable. Check dis: http://www.ncirl.ie/Courses/informatics_index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd agree. I've learned almost everything I know about computer hardware by just messing around, trial and error. There are courses around there, but I would be highly dubious of most of them which are given by MCSE's.

Why not purchase an older computer, and start taking it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hi paddy,your in luck,as i type this im doing a pc maintenance course ( computer hardware + software support ) in FAS ballyfermot,the course is 16 weeks long with 3 weeks work expierance,+ you get payed,you get a compTIA A+ certification that is recognised more or less all around the world,usually their are only 15-16 places in a class so check out www.fas.ie to find register details,i think the next course is in april,thats when im finished this.It's a great course if u like messin around with pc's and want to learn more about them.

COMBATCOW :D

ps.pm me if u want to know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

If you don't have a clue about the inside of a computer and the workings then one of those FAS courses would be a good idea of you have the time.

Advertisement