Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beautiful Losers with support from Otranome and Violent Sky,13/02 The Isaac Butt

Options
  • 10-02-2003 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

It's about the right time for this thread to go up, alot of you have hopefully heard the add on phantom already and know about what is going to be a night of a very high standard of music. Admission is only 5 euro and doors are at 8:30. If you havn't heard us or otranome, the following addresses will help:

www.beautifullosers.info
    www.otranome.com
    (dont know violent sky's address!)

Yeh so if you're not doing anything Thursday come along and see if any of these 3 take your fancy, tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Hey Tom was just wondering if it might be possible to do an interview with you on thursday after or before ye go on.

I may be doing a radio show during my colleges rag week so was hoping to get a few interviews done with local/dublin based bands with a view to playing one or two of their songs aswel.

If you could reply to this here it would be a great help as then i'll be able to organise obtaining a mini disc and micraphone,

Thanks
    Amz
    x

(is this ok Tom?) tee he!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

www.violentsky.com!!!!!!

looking forward to this one guys......its gonna be good!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭renagade*

Tom doesnt do interviews it makes him too concious of his speech impedement ahahhahahaha

Dar da dar da dar da dar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

of course it's ok amz, twill be a little weird as we've never done an interview and aint particulary mad on them but I'm sure you'll try and make it a little interesting! come up to us if you recognise any of us beforehand if that's alright, see you thursday , tom

www.beautifullosers.info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 panzer_attack

i have a feeling im going to wake up with a very sore head on friday morning because of this one.if you like your rock just purely rockin get down to this one,gonna be a good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 panzer_attack

yeah,me stupid.gonna be a good nite is what i meant to say.back to sleep me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

cant wait for it myself.

right shameless plug time,

otranome just relaunched the website

www.otranome.com let me know what you think

oh and the forums died today all posts and members were lost. it was a bit of a pisser to lose all the posts over the last year or so.
    there's a new one up and running though, so it'd be great if anyone that was signed up popped over and re-registered, or if anyone goes and signs up for the first time aswell that'd be deadly.
    Cheers!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

shan't be a tthe gig for shall be desperately hungover tohell and still drunk and stoned- 21st with copious amounts of free gange

shame to miss the gig

Im scared of journalists especially ones from Leixlip they are ruthlesss I tells yah. I want a confendentiality clause before we do it so you cant ask questions about my large collection of hamsters

www.beautifullosers.info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rickydjean

that otranome play 6.59 and alone... looking forward to thursday.
    brian leave your hamster alone.

but how can a love this strong be wrong ohhhhhh the sorrow when im parted from my furry little friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ci

*shameless plug alert* violent*sky also play Eamonn Dorans this Sunday night (lineup not yet confirmed), TBMC for the 'smartfest on the 19th and another date in Whelans in early march which is yet to be confirmed... j!ve? thou shalt!

Originally posted by renagade*
    Im scared of journalists especially ones from Leixlip they are ruthlesss I tells yah.

Hey it could be worse I could work for the liffey champion!

gtar ptc, It is also quite possible you could go on a complete bender and turn up at the gig completely ****ed off your face and get the party going or take a little nap before while still ensuring you're wasted at t he time Violent Sky take the stage, binges are always a great old buzz! We will be supporting the revs in the old ucd student bar on wednesday 26th of february for their rag week or whatever, really looking forward to it, tom

www.beautifullosers.info

The liffey champion is great all the grannies in Leixlip buy it to find out what ones of there neighbours are going to court and whos been busted with a quater etc a quality quality publication
    The revs gig should be funny maybe we should do a Busted cover for the gig !!!!!!!!!!

www.beautifullosers.info

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

oooooohhhh tomorrow night I can't waaaaait!!!!

(HUP little thread. there you go..!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ci

6th March, 2003: Popstar*, Blotooth and violent*sky hit the stage in Whelans. 7 euro with flyer, followed by Phantasm!! Its gonna be a MAZIN night!!!

well thursday is upon us. I hope people really make an effort to come tonight, a lot of effort has gone into arranging this night and each band on tonight are well worth seeing, see yous tonight then hopefully, tom

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Thanks to all that showed up last night I was fearful we (Otranome) would lose a chunk of our crowd to the Gigsmart Val ball but fair play to those that turned out much respect! It was a really really good gig , I thought despite the sound each band got their act together very well on stage ........note all ...get the Losers EP...its fantastic ...Phantom people ...play this disc ....that means you Mr Paul CLarke!!!!:D

All the best - Trev M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

that wasnt last night, it's tonight (the val ball)

well there was loads of gigs on last night, the beauitful losers, turn and low

but i dont regret which one i went to
    (sorry trev)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rickydjean

thanks a million to all those who made an appearance last night! much appreciated. we really enjoyed playing it. violent sky were very impressive and otranome are my new favourite band-i love you guys. everytime i hear that band it gets better. download their songs--->otranome.com and go to their next gig...ri!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I think Trev knows that the Valentines Ball is tonight...he's playing at it! I think he meant that people wouldn't want to go out two nights in a row and would choose Voodoo tonight instead of Isaac Butts last night. :p
    Last night however was really good. First time I saw the Beautiful Losers...very good. Otranome were as impressive as ever. Lookin' forward to tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

thanks a million to everyone who came last night!!! we had a great time playing and my god otranome and the beautiful losers played amazing sets afterwards!!!!
    hope to see you all next wednesday in the music centre!!!! will be a rawking affair!!!!
    thanks again! C

Congratulations lads

Last night was a great, great to see so many coming, a good few phantom listenters, this board is a great resource for bands and we're glad ye enjoyed it, thanks again, tom

www.beautifullosers.info

Advertisement