Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit like cheating....

• 10-02-2003 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for specs for a good PC which I could build from scratch myself.

I have experience of the inside of PCs and components etc, but have lost touch a little over the past 2 yrs or so....

If someone has a half hour to spare, would they ever be so kind as to draw me up the requirements of the components that I might need. Below is a rough Idea of what Im looking for -

512mb ram,
    2gb+ cpu
    80gb+ hdd
    CD-writer

I was also looking at the Chieftec Dragon Miditower (black) and the Barracuda v80GB hdd to start with, but not sure what mobo to put in it etc...

I do believe that I am chancing my arm, but maybe I can get some feedback from you guys. Just FYI, I will be looking at spending about 1200 yoyos on this overtime (ie, I will be buying components over time also...)

Cheers,

Voodoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

why is this on the wanted board? .............tech board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Cause he WANTS info .. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Right first off this needs to be moved to the tech board.

I guess for that money your looking for a AMD chip

But have a look at this
    • AMD Athlon XP2100+ 1.733 GHz 266 MHz bus Socket A (Palomino) prosessor
    • MSI AGP GeForce4 Ti4800SE 128MB DDR, TV-Out, Retail
    • Chieftec Dragon Medium Tower Case Black w/door w/340W Power
    • DDR-DIMM PC2700 512MB DDR CL2.5 Minne 184-P (for DDR-PC333MHz)
    • EKL PAPST CPU Fan w/heatsink Socket A up to 1,4 GHz, and XP2100+
    • Seagate Barracuda V 120GB IDE 7200RPM ATA/100, Hard Drive 2MB cache ST3120023A
    • LG DVD-spiller IDE 16x/48x (DRD-8160B) Retail med "Power DVD" DVD-software !
    • Mitsumi Floppy Drive Black 1,44 MB Internal Floppy Drive
    • MSI KT3 ULTRA2-R Mainboard with sound VIAKT333, ATA/133,Raid, ATX, USB2.0

Its fairly good spec and all ya need to do is add your cd writer and your set :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anything heavy like the case should not be ordered off komplett as they charge by the weight of the order and a case costs by itself a mean €25 approx. for delivery.
    I recommend www.munstercomputers.com for the case. If your not sure about which case is right for you(i.e. size, I/O backplates, etc) email them, they are very helpful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved from wanted board

Blade

• Advertisement
Advertisement