Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the fun of gt3 gone?

Options
  • 30-07-2001 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

as i said in the topic on gt3 the fact that only very good sports cars and power machines make it in maby detracts from the experience abit cause the option of seein a bet up volkswagen flyin past a muscle car is a big part of the 2 other games and it shocks me that i can no longer see this happen dissapointed me opionions please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

GT3 was a dissppointment for me cus its play's exactly the same as it predessors.that says lots for the original ps game but it looks sweet, but thats not what get you playing it all the time.
    i want FFX, and damn me im gettig the import cus i wont wait.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

yeah but ive heard an expansion pack is being released called gran turismo b-spec and it will incorparate better cars and some of the normal cars we see everyday on the road i dont know if its true or not but heres hoping but i dont know if the can improve the driving game without making very original

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Who cares , its cr4p, i wouldnt buy a ps2 if i didnt already have one for this over hyped piece of horse ****e

i certainly would not call it crap, but not as good as the hype, but how many games are?

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

GT3 forced you to use the crap cars.
    It took me quite a while to get to decent cars.

In GT1/2 i bought 1 normal crap car and then went on to supercars/muscle cars.

• Advertisement

thats what i didnt like about 1/2.
    in both games, i used a Subaru and when i got 500,000 (GT1) or 250,000 (GT2) together, i got the fly cars.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugs:
    Who cares , its cr4p, i wouldnt buy a ps2 if i didnt already have one for this over hyped piece of horse ****e</font>

uhhh
    i would tend to agree with that statement biggrin.gif

heh, and my brother lives in Japan...
    imports? happy days biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    i certainly would not call it crap, but not as good as the hype, but how many games are?

</font>

If you count games that are hardly hyped at all, and sell badly as a result, there are far too many; games like Giants, Freespace 2, and Tribes.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 06-08-2001).]

yeah, theres a fine balance, but GT3 hype would have cost sony nothing, even GT2 hype as every mag/games channel would have pushed it for them.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Wow what a suprise, anothe thread has decended into PS2 bashing.

Considering the numner of people who profess hate Microsoft, it amazes me to see how many belive the "HYPE" about the X-box.

I remember when the ps1 came out, the game programmers didnt get as much from the console, as they did after a year or so.
    I haven't given up on my PS2 yet.

"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt unless you're on a team. Well I'm better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I …I can't compete with that stuff."
    -Moe Szyslak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xterminator:
    Considering the numner of people who profess hate Microsoft, it amazes me to see how many belive the "HYPE" about the X-box.
    </font>

Actually, other than allowing Amstrad to license their name for the aborted Microsoft PC, I cant think of a single piece of hardware which MS have put their name to which was dodgy.

They also have a funny habit of making everything a success eventually....BOB is the last thing they hyped which was a failure.

Like it or not, XBox will probably not be as good as some hope it to be, but I find it difficult to believe it will not be a success.

jc

finally some1 agrees the x-box is so overhyped its painful in e3 not one half decent game was on show and the ps2 had many and i hate the way all these people including the game chamber in the sunday world news paper tell owners of the ps2 that they should have waited for a "good" console and the ps2 has some of the best games ever coming up like mgs2 (the demo is brialliant and the footage i saw was stunning) also devil may cry and next months code veronica - x look superb and lets not go into onimusha 2,max-payne,a revamped half-life,ffx and many more in the furture

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by orangerooster_2000:
    finally some1 agrees the x-box is so overhyped its painful in e3 not one half decent game was on show </font>

so were you @ E3?

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

yep i was there great experience and id love to go there next year but la is a rotten city and the amount of guys dressed up like games charecters for some reason zorro was there but the ladies at the show are something else and the x-box stunk up the place halo is the only decent game i saw but the pc was well represented with max-payne which is now out and some chitchat about doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and many more

Advertisement