Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

board is dead ??

• 10-02-2003 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

im almost about to give up on a mobo in work but b4 i do id like to ask the wise and wonderfull ppl of the board

so far ive

removed all extra's from the mobo ( hdd sound card etc.. ). changed the ram , removed all ide cables replaced psu made sure its not the power button replaced graphics card ( with agp and pci ones ). ive reset the cmos . taken out the cpu and replaced it

the power seems to go through the mobo but nothing is working . is there any last hope things i can try ? better yet is there a device that can tell you if a pci slot/agp/amr/ide is working ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Any beeps?

If there is, you can get usually get an error code list from the manufacturer of the mobo.

Most of the newer mobo's have pretty detailed error beeps...mine actually tells me the problem in a secksie female Engrish voice! (It's an Asus).

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

nop no beeps at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

If you don't have beeps with a combination of

ram
    agp
    cpu
    removed from the mobo (ie it protesting the lack of the afore mentioned) your mobo is toast mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

also check the bios chip is connecting correctly
    to the motherboard and check the seating of the motherboad in the case that it has not got bent from tighing screws to tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

It's a long shot, but have you tried removing the CMOS battery. I had a failed CMOS update on an Asus board before and taking out the battery for a while and then replacing it, brought my board back to life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement