Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true?

Options
  • 10-02-2003 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Is it true that there are a minimum number of days you have to attend school to sit your leaving cert???

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I wouldn't think so, you can do you're Leaving from home (i.e study not do it at home) and go to you're local exam centre afaik.
    Probably should check you're local interweb thoough.

www.gov.ie look for education page

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

my dean says im gona get fined if i miss anymore days, ffs

:mad:

Well dont miss anymore days you twat! Go to school!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I think it's 60 days.....per year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nah...

dont believe it cos when I was doing the skool website during 5th year, me n my two mates were marked absent for a total of 184 days! :D

Good old Colm missed 68 days during the year.
    I was marked out for 62...
    Ciaran..the rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

i made my schools website in 5th year too, got loads of blind eyes for makin it

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

dunno, maybe.

My friend missed 43 days so far this year, at the last count. He was told anymore and the social services will call to his house. All because he doesnt like mondays, wednesdays or fridays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

well, i think you *can* ask to take off like a month or two before the leaving to just study and get away with it if you have a nice principle..

anyone see the thing of *cough* EVIL*cough* sky news today? the english gov. is landing hefty fines on school dossers.. even if theyre with parents... Including if they are just gone on a holiday (budget holiday packages are cheaper during school time)..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

I heard in the begiing of the school year, that there was a new law passed saying your parents would be fined (E600) if you missed more than 20 days in the school year.....but that has to be crap.
    And if you miss 3 days consecutively you need a doctors cert........? It was the rule in our school,but kinda faded out by the sencond week back.
    And yeah, a girl in my year last year took off the month before the LC. to study!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i think u need to be registered with a school for at least 2 senior years to sit the LC.

And if ur still in fifth year, but did transition u can sit some of your exams now, rather than is sixth. couple of ppl from my class last year did this

• Advertisement
Advertisement