Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good PC line-up for early 2003 :)

Options
  • 10-02-2003 7:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Off the top of my head this month we get ,Unreal2,Splinter cell,IGI 2 Covert Strike,CandC Generals,Black hawk down,Champ manager4, and first quarter we should see Planetside,Chrome and Breed amongst others.
    Ive been looking forward to all ive mentioned ,ill be divorced if i get them though :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Cant believe you forgot to mention Masters of Orion 3

This game is going to be the bees knees.

UT was released this weekend, and from early looks it sounds like its gonna be kickass.. However the minimum requirements are a bit steep
    Circa:
    1.8Gig cpu
    384 MB ram
    64 Mrg Graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Good to see some good stuff comming out now i think the PC game secene went a bit deat there as well imo.

I believe Vice City may come out in march or April as well. Well last time i checked anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

true this years pc game line up is gonna rock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The 1st quater of this year will more than make up for a cr*ppy chrimbo for the PC, you forgot to mention star wars: Galaxies, I think it will steal 6 months of my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Pimp Ninja
    UT was released this weekend, and from early looks it sounds like its gonna be kickass.. However the minimum requirements are a bit steep
    Circa:
    1.8Gig cpu
    384 MB ram
    64 Mrg Graphics card

I assume you mean unreal 2 ...

Those specs are wrong - they're the "recommended" specs afaik. It will run on a 32mb graphics card and a lesser cpu with only 256mb of ram, but you'll have to tone down the (gorgeous) graphics quite a bit :) I have to say I like this game a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How did i forget to mention Raven Shield another monster of a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Pugsley
    The 1st quater of this year will more than make up for a cr*ppy chrimbo for the PC, you forgot to mention star wars: Galaxies, I think it will steal 6 months of my life :)

aye....at the v.least .... not to mention your credit card..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Then summer looks to be quite good with doom 3,Halo and Deus ex 2 out,goodbye money!

Originally posted by Tusky
    aye....at the v.least .... not to mention your credit card..
    Isnt that expensive for 6months of fun, think of how many single player games you would have to buy for 6months of gaming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If i buy Halo it will be for multiplayer only as IMO it was so over-rated on xbox,apparently bungie say they have to totally change AI placements so as to compensate for the fluid mouse control as AI on xbox title would be too easy with a mouse and keyboard compared to sloppy pad controls.
    I did have some fun linking up with some friends on Halo but was very short lived.
    IMO Planetside,Chrome and Breed will all wipe the floor with Halo.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dcully
    IMO Planetside,Chrome and Breed will all wipe the floor with Halo.
    Half life wiped the floor with halo and its over 5years old now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

half life pfft

thats so g4y there are so many better games out there than halflife the only reason why it still has replay value is coz of the "TOTAL CONVERSION" mods the game itself is old and you hardly get any satisfation out of it anymore.

except for those select few who like to replay it everynow and then
    nothing against that its just that im sick and tierd of people saying halflife is the best game ever coz its not

there now that felt good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's about time that the pc got a decent line-up. However the consoles line-ups are still the daddy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hey, is every1 forgetting StarCraft Ghost?
    that looks like.

TBH Breed looks alot like Halo, well see though.
    Also Cenega will be launching Shade, whih hopefully will do better than Another War.

Advertisement