Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daikatana slowness problem

Options
  • 02-08-2001 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I just bought that game, everything loaded fine, Installed open gl drivers, + direct 7
    But when I load up the game I am experiencing extreme slowness... Im using a p111 550 and a 3dfx voodoo3 128meg ram anyone know what my problem could be ?

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Steady folks, steady. I was hoping that nobody mentioned the D-word but it was bound to happen some day. Let's all be calm and collected about this. Just because this game was so bad it killed off a part of Ion Storm (alledgely) doesn't mean a slagfest should begin.

NNNNNnnn

gaaAAA

AAAAGH!!! NOOOO!!! IT SUCKS SO BAAAAAAAAAD!!! MAKE THE HURTFULLNESS STOP!! BURN IT! BURN IT!!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I experienced the slowness problem, it's literally unplayable. There was a patch or a config tweak that fixed it though.

P.S - I did not buy the game smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.
    </font>

ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

*must*fight*urge*to*slag*over*buying*Daikatana*

wink.gif

Sorry Tom. You say that you've loaded both OpenGL drivers and the latest Direct X. Which one is Daikatana actually using at the moment? Go into the video settings and have a look. I'd imagine that OpenGL's best (Quake2 engine after all) but if it's already set to OpenGL, try changing it to Direct X and see how that goes. Actually first, since you have a Voodoo, make sure that you're using 16bit colour. If it's set by default to 32bit then you're machine is having to work extra hard reducing everything 16bit for display.

Hope this helps, but I'm afraid that you'll be quite disapointed with the game.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Great first line there Kix.

I think I read somewhere that it was voted the worst game ever.

Anyway did you download the patches as they fixed numerous problems with the game including voodoo card issues. Be warned though, the patches are big 20Mb+

Get them here http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,197031,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Daikatana!?!??! DAIKATANA!?!?!?!?

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

Right now I got that out of my system smile.gif - uninstall the game and never play it again - your sanity will thank you in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Thanks lads for the replies.....
    I quickly solved the problem by taking yere advice... I got the ****ing cd, put it in its ****ing cd case, put that in its ****ing box and ****ed it back at the ****er I bought it off. and asked him for a ****ing credit note... Now what shoot me up game am I going to buy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

No-One Lives Forever - best fps in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    No-One Lives Forever - best fps in the last year.</font>

I concur. The game is excellent. Hope they make a sequal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

ah the only slowness with that game is of the users who actually went out and bought it poor ****s stupid *******s its the biggest load of absoulute ****e i ever saw in my life its just so ****ing bad hahhahahahahhhahhahahahahhahahahahahahha for buying it in the first place

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Burn it? EED are well ahead of you there. smile.gif

http://www.electricdeath.com/social/agm/daikatanaburns.mpg

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I also endorse the previous opinions of the above esteemed boards members. Max Payne is also quite good aparently.

You should have no problem getting a refund/exchange for D**********

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That laugh is quite worrying.

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Would every1 here totally slag a certain person (not me) who i know freely bought daikatana and said to me he actually thought it was ok... Later after a swift beating he changed his comment.

He did lend it to me and strangely ever since my computer hasnt worked properly.

This mysterious person IS....Ad....no more i cant dare to destroy his life... biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Well he says he aint ashamed so the person is.....ADREN HAHAHA and he still thinks its a ok game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Sure the game was bad, but if had so much media hype which was only virtual hype around it but in reality nobody cared, I think, after 5 top gun's got the boot and the game engine had been redone for the 5th time, the writing was in bold on the preverbal for the "crapper wall"....

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 06-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Daikatana?

/me dies laughing... rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr_Teeth:
    Burn it? EED are well ahead of you there. smile.gif

http://www.electricdeath.com/social/agm/daikatanaburns.mpg

Teeth.
    </font>