Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Winamp Plugin that recommends music

Options
  • 11-02-2003 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

This might also belong in MS Apps.

This cool plugin watches what you listen to and compares it to others and then will recommend you music based on what those with tastes along the same lines as yourself have.

Not tried it yet though so don't know how accurate it is.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i've had that installed since yesterday and with only 1 hour of played music so far, it hasnt recommended any new music. (it could be a front for RIAA :) )

anyway, when i want new band recommendations, i visit this site http://www.gnoosic.com/ , simple.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm that gnoosic site couldnt be further wrong..
    Best bet is go to allmusic.com chuck in your favourite band and then check out random stuff from their "similar artists" bit.. thats how I come across new bands anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Subject: Audioscrobbler News

As of about 30mins ago, Audioscrobbler.com is offline.
    This is because the company I pay to host my site have suspended my account because of the large amoun of traffic, which was slowing down their webserver for other customers.

It would seem that the sudden increase in users generated too much traffic for their webserver to handle.

I will move the site to new servers soon, the website will not be offline for long.. I'll email you again when I know more.

Please DO NOT reply to the email address this email is from. Please use rwj100@soton.ac.uk to contact me.

Thankyou for your patience and positive feedback,
    Hope to be back online again very soon!
    RJ

----
    PS: I'm open to suggestions for good, reasonably priced places to host Audioscrobbler. I need php,mysql,linux shell account. Fairly cheap, as I'm a poor student :)
    thats the reason why anyway :)

adnans

Advertisement