Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B and Q net parts

Options
  • 11-02-2003 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Went into PC World to buy some Twisted cable ,was on their website for £12 so with their euro converter should have been €40 or somfin.

Had none on the shelf when the guy went to look for it some guy in the shop told me B and Q had it for €3 sure enough they did ,they have a full Home Networking section at reasonable prices too.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Do they sell wireless networking? is any of it on the B and Q web site? oh yeah and B and Q is that the place out by the naas road? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I was in liffey valley one.
    Had wireless kits in shop and the stuff on the website isnt what they sell.
    They had more than whats listed.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

hmmm..... what time do they open till? and was any of it d-link :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rolo2912

www.microaid.ie has a lot of D-Link products for ok prices. Only 7.50 Del.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Found B&Q to be nicely priced in the electrical bits and pieces, including the computer miscellenea. How places like PC World and Compustore manage to get away with selling parallel cables for > €20 and USB cables for > €30 I just don't know. Why people pay such an abhorrent (hm!) price is simply outrageous when they can be bought for €7-€15 with a bit of promiscuous shopping.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

oneweb - USB2 cables in compustore are €11.41 for 6 feet. (Belkin)

i'm not commenting on the value, just the facts

b

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i got 50 meters of cat 5e there the last day and 100 heads for dead cheap . deffinaly will buy stuff int here again . think it cost about 30 euros total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

€3 for crossover cable or €22 in Pcworld

Who have thunk B and Q had that gear....

kdjac

Advertisement