Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where's the best for upgrades?

Options
  • 11-02-2003 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

quite simple relly. i need a mobo & cpu upgrade and i was wondering where is the best value for upgrades(i.e. i buy hardware, they install it)

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Where do you live first off.
    No help telling ya a place in Sligo if your in dublin.

For a list of component shops check this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

i live in south county dublin, near bray.

dont mind having to go into town if i have to

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jyd

I have used www.komplett.ie for mobo upgrade kits...they are very good and have a good returns policy....prices are in euro and include vat....

Soory...should have added...if you don't want to buy off the web there are a couple of places in dublin city centre.....

Peats...components upstairs..they do upgrade kits...mobo ram cpu and cooler and case...some packages can be good value...check 'em on the web at www.peats.ie

also on parliament street (near poco loco and the turks head) is it direct....they are quite competitive too...their website is www.itdirect.ie

Maplins have a place at the top of Jervis street beside smyth's toy shop...I have not used them but they have a lot of kit...not sure of the prices there though

Hope these help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by jyd
    Soory...should have added...if you don't want to buy off the web there are a couple of places in dublin city centre.....

Peats...components upstairs..they do upgrade kits...mobo ram cpu and cooler and case...some packages can be good value...check 'em on the web at www.peats.ie

also on parliament street (near poco loco and the turks head) is it direct....they are quite competitive too...their website is www.itdirect.ie

Maplins have a place at the top of Jervis street beside smyth's toy shop...I have not used them but they have a lot of kit...not sure of the prices there though

Hope these help

peats.ie are probably the best out of the above. However if there is anyway you can get access to a credit card then komplett.ie is a far better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    peats.ie are probably the best out of the above. However if there is anyway you can get access to a credit card then komplett.ie is a far better option.

I nearly forgot elara.ie i got a Creative Zen of them in the specials cheaper than komplett.ie :cool: Check out there board here.

I just compared komplett and elara for processors AMD 2.2 Xp and elara were much more expensive.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Komplett is the best value. IT direct is probably the best value store. Forget Peats and Maplins they are between 2 and 3 times more expensive than anywhere else on most things. They also don't do it for you. Theres also a place called Dawn computers up in Goatstown. Not the cheapest either but an ok place at the same time. Alternatively get someone you know to build it for you. I'll even do it for yah for a small fee. Or show you how to do it yourself. Should only take an hour maybe two at the most. PC go together like lego really. Though you have to be careful and know what you are doing and what not to do. Otherwise Pzzzzt.

Advertisement