Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallice ireland what where n when!!

• 11-02-2003 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hey i heard metallica r comin 21st august to ireland is this true or is it jus a rumour r what as i didn hear anything of where bouts in ireland their playing...ne1 hears anythin let me know metallica r the best of the best pity bout newsted though!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Metallica dublin 21th august! its not a rumour! i think fúckin linkin park and deftones are backup doh! where in dublin- its in the R.D.S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Yea there cummin and u could b right about he support i haven't heard if it's official just yet though.. however there not naming a venue just yet my guess is they want to see what ticket sales will be like.. Personally i was a huge fan but now im just not that pushed...

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Linkin park and deftones are not playing in Ireland it's just in AMERICA. Sheesh.

It's spelt metallica btw

r u 100% positive linkin park etc are not playing?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

**** linkin park their a pile of inbreds....well i was an always will be a gr8 fan of metallica....how can ya not be that pushed ne1 thats not bein a fan at all.....thanks for the info though peeps!!!im defo goin was on their website its defo der comin its down on their tour dates page!!

• Advertisement

not a bother but there is one problem! tickets will be hard to get so we may get the sleeping bags out and wait outside the stores the morning be4 they go on sale!

ya true more da likely though it will be on a busy nite for the foundry an ill be needed for work and wont be able to q....traits of barwork!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by Drunk pirate
    Linkin park and deftones are not playing in Ireland it's just in AMERICA. Sheesh.

It's spelt metallica btw

That's brilliant, anybody knows where tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Drunk pirate

It's spelt metallica btw

Drunk Pirate appears a little irate...

As a person who can be held partly responsible for the rumour, can I repeat what i saw on hotpress.com?

Metallica are plaing a tour of the US with Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones and Mudvayne. Limp Bizkit apparently have other commitments(probably filming another mutli-million dollar video somewhere), but it is believed that the other three bands WILL accompany Metallica to Ireland for the show on August 21st.

The show is allegedly to be held in the RDS(doesn' mention indoor or outdoor).

I'd provide a link, but you'd probably have to register with hotpress to read it. I did however post the majority of the article on a similar thread in the Metal section of boards.ie.

its official linkin park r playin with metallica aug 21st in the r.d.s arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anyone know when there going to be going on sale

Originally posted by elexes
    anyone know when there going to be going on sale

NO-ONE KNOWS YET!!

ya i was looking at the advert outside our local music store it has where and when and who but it jus says tickets on sale soon...we may come up wit a plan to get backstage as i wanna meet them after many years of listening to em...

Originally posted by ali.g
    its official linkin park r playin with metallica aug 21st in the r.d.s arena

and this means it's gonna be mad expensive :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Morello
    and this means it's gonna be mad expensive :rolleyes:
    it was always going to be expensive!

i am a man who walks alone and when im walking the dark road one night im strolling through the park/.....u rec that reaper....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's iron maiden ali.. not metallica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well they released official details today so anyone know the when and where yet ? i need a sleeping bag and camping geer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Tickets are €62 and go on sale either on this Saturday or the one after, not quite sure

Originally posted by Treebeard
    Tickets are €62

**** me! And just because the Linking Pricks are supporting... well they can shove 'em up their arses

• Advertisement

Quote:
    " thats iron maiden ali not metallica"

yes i know it iron maiden mordeth i was reffering to the reapers signature...a light in the dark or just a fear of the dark their iron maiden songs and the lyrics i previously posted are from fear of the dark and i was wondering was that where the reaper got his signature from!!!! come on i know my bands i cant believe you thought i was thinkin they were from metallica!! tut tut

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Morello
    **** me! And just because the Linking Pricks are supporting... well they can shove 'em up their arses
    It's in the RDS... there will be stones on the ground... STONES I TELLS YA!

Originally posted by ali.g
    Quote:
    " thats iron maiden ali not metallica"

yes i know it iron maiden mordeth i was reffering to the reapers signature...a light in the dark or just a fear of the dark their iron maiden songs and the lyrics i previously posted are from fear of the dark and i was wondering was that where the reaper got his signature from!!!! come on i know my bands i cant believe you thought i was thinkin they were from metallica!! tut tut

Yeah i got my signature from the song! i have the album EDWARD THE GREAT its the last song on the cd sang live! fúckin class have you heard it live the start is mental! = the crowd singing it!!

no haven heard it sounds good though...my fave album is seventh son of the seventh sea and my fave song is The Phantom of the Opera....listen to that solo man ....

yea its fúckin class to! im a wee bit worried about these metallica tickets! i wont have enuf money cuz i have to get 2!

thats a bastard....u should try get some work for a few days somewhere to gather the money for it!!!

anyplace i go i wont get the money till next week and that will be too late

ah im not worring to much cuz im sure to come up with some plan!

ya i wouldn either its no till august like n ders bound to be people selling tickets durin d summer.....come on metallica....

• Advertisement

aw yea never thought of that ppl during saummer selling
    kewl thanks!

Advertisement