Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubyhorse

Options
  • 11-02-2003 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

I saw them in Whealans on friday and I have to admit I was impressed. I hear they are doing greatthings in the states - selling bucketloads of their album Rise. I predict great things in future for this band. Sparkle - what a tune...........and 'any day now':D
    They were on conon o brien and jay lenno in the states during the summer.
    Anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I'm a big fan. Saw them last week in Dolans Warehouse in Limerick and was really impressed. They definitely have a presence on stage, like they've been playing for years (and they have!).

Do a search on All Music (http://www.allmusic.com) for more info on the band, or visit their website (http://www.rubyhorse.com).

They actually have 2 albums out (even though their website only says they have 1). Their first album is called "How far have you come?" and is, for all intents and purposes, an early version of Rise. Some of the songs are different mixes (with better versions of "Into The Lavender" and "Any Day Now", IMHO). There is also 2 new (old!) songs on it. You can find it on eBay easily enough (thats where I got my copy).

Great band.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Yeah, the lead singer had a huge stage presence. I thought they were better live than on the album although I havent really listened to it that much. They got an encore which I dont think they expected. The lead singer mingled with the crowd after the gig which was sound of him. All in all - a fine gig!

Advertisement