Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking Ban in Work Petition

Options
  • 11-02-2003 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Ladies and Gentlemen of Boards,
    On 30 January 2003, Mr. Micheal Martin TD, Minister for Health and Children issued a press release regarding a prohibition on smoking tobacco products in places of work including pubs and restaurants.

Following a consultation period, he intends to introduce regulations on January 1st 2004. During this consultation period the Minister will listen to arguments for and against the proposed prohibition.

If you agree with this brave decision, which will benefit the health of smokers and non-smokers alike, then it is important that, during this consultation period, the Minister for Health and Children is made aware of your support.

To offer your support, please sign the petition at the link below

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/ban_smoking_in_work/

Go on, go on, go on. :)

Axon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Coyler

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Axon

Keep those signatures coming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

No way! I really enjoy my ciggs. I agree that workers shouldn't be subjected to passive smoking. Can we not comprimise and have designated areas in pubs etc where people can smoke...even if they can't be served in those areas. Or perhaps if they just installed proper extraction units in pubs and clubs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

As illustrated by this anti-smoking campaign poster.

pissing.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Coyler

Could anyone even confirm the origin of the picture? I think eastern european?

I don't even have the keyboard to type those charcters into Babelfish so unless anybody else has an idea.

UPDATE
    We now have 250 signatures.

The petition is now more accessible at

http://www.greenireland.com

Pass it round

Advertisement