Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last saturday's feeder gig

Options
  • 11-02-2003 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hello!!!

what did y'all think of the feeder gig last saturday? i thought they were f**king brilliant. also loved InMe- they're gonna be massive. anyways i was right up the front of the gig just behind the teeny wannabe rockers and had a perfect view of the gorgeous Grant! Some horrible person spiked my drink though. :( If I ever find out who you are......

Anyway just wanted to go on and on and on about how great it was.

FEEDER ROCK

So for anyone else who wants to do the same, this is the place to do it.
    Ok,see y'all

P.S. if anyone can remember the songs they played and in what order, post it here too

P.P.S. Hi Lynchy and Adrian!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Am jealous...see previous post on subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

i don't think feeder are all that good.....
    well i mean there alright... but there not really that much different to the other stuff like sum 41 and them lads... i don't know all the bands but i can never tell the difference when i hear there songs.

oh and i'm sorry if i made any feeder fans cry, if it's what you like no one can take that away from you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

I appreciate the last sentiment of your post ixidor, coz I nearly choked on my sarnie when ya said can't make out the diff between feeder and sum 41 and the ilk...... sweet lord!
    Anyhoo, just getting into feeder myself. I mean, I kept track of htem and stuff but I am currently working through the catalogue of albums - nearly got all of them now - yipppeeeee

P.S. Very very jealous that I missed the gig - seen them at Witness though... for what it's worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I thought the support band "InMe" were rubbish.

Feeder were brilliant - they are so powerful live and they have soooooooo many hits - excellent gig.

And whoever thinks feeder sound like sum41... you've gotta be kidding... sum41 = poor man's greenday, feeder have some very melodic and well thought out intelligent sounds mixed with some big dumb rock anthems and it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i keep seeing inme on the digital channels, and i really like that single they ahve out, the singer has such a weird sounding voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sum41=Feeder. Sorry I totally agree that is cheap. Feeder may have a similar vein to some of their songs recently, Start/stop heavyish songs (Buck Rogers, 7 days in the sun etc,) or melodic stuff (High, Come back Around, Quickfade etc) to break the charts. Whereas Sum41 are 100% Green Day/Offspring throwaway stuff.

Feeder are a great british band, succesful by hard graft, good respect of a fanbase and good tunes. Whenever they had a single out they would release 2x cd's at £1.99 and tape at 99p but all 3 formats had seperate songs. Therefore for a fiver you could get the single and approx 5 or 6 new tracks. What do you get with Sum 41, a couple of singles with live versions of old songs as a B-side.

They even managed to carry on after what happened to Jon, whatever did happen we may never know. Thankfuly they arent Sum 41 or some other 'high profile' band as the media wouldve hounded em to ...erm death(no pun intended). At least he didnt just disappear like richey and be brought up in the press every time a rock star does something abnormal.

Going of the subject a bit therre but no matter if you like or not, they aint nothing like Sum 41, apart from they play guitars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 roisin916

ok i'm sorry but feeder sound nothing like sum 41. Sum 41 are just a ripoff of every other crappy american punk rock band, but feeder are quality stuff. i think it was kinda weird cos InMe were a very different kind of band to feeder so that's why a lot of the people who were only there to see feeder weren't too impressed.

any other good gigs coming up???annoyingly, i miss out on knowing all this stuff now cos i'm in boarding skool and my dorm buddies have bad taste in music...in other words, no phantom. I need my 2 petes fix!

just wanted to sort out that feeder/sum41 comparison....

Advertisement