Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about changing job or just quiting!

• 11-02-2003 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Not having a good time in my current position. (wont go into why)

Any way, I was thinking about one of those bike (as in the motor kind) courier's. But I dont have any info on them. Does anyone know what companys are meant to be good to work for or pay well. Are they payed on commission? Really any info you might have will be great.

ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I have noticed that motorbike couriers around dublin seem to look like they just drove off the set of Mad Max II.

To drive these streets every day as a courier, I'd say you have to be pretty 'good' on yer bike.

Good luck if you choose to go down this road... *

Luc

* No Pun Intended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'd look very very carefully at that idea.
    you lose your bike, or the ability to lose your bike, and thats your livelihood gone.

why not just change to do something similar to what you are doing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

If you have any chance to get into the building trade be it as a bricky or chippy or whatever do it. The money that those guys are earning at the moment is phenomenal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

One more thing Sutty - standard personal bike insurance does not cover using the bike for courier purposes. I hear they slap a pretty big hike onto your premium to get courier cover. You may also require a full licence. I can't see the companies being too keen on hiring a courier with only a provisional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

roguedotc was the moderator for the (now-defunct) courier commnuity board. Why not try PMing him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

also sutty
    don't forget how cold, miserable and long the winter months are here, it's got to be a really tough way to make a living!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Aye, what I'm thinking of doing is doing the courier job at the weekends and saving and then going over to OZ for a few months with some friends.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

What job are you in atm ??

I'm a Systems Engineer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

He doth troll m'lord, troll on lexical levels.

• Advertisement

No, this isn't a troll, I'm just not happy where I've been based out in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

was thinking the same myself try

www.cyclonecouriers.ie ( com )

and click on recruitment...

I think this should help, you can make a few quit in it

Advertisement