Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAME? Uhoh is that a banned word?!

Options
  • 09-08-2001 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone interested in MAME, but ****ed off with having to type in a big command line to load a game every time, I have coded a small launcher. Similiar to that Arcade@Home thing but it loads faster, shuts down quicker, only weighs 200KB and I have no email lists to add you to, or credit card software to make you pay for it in 6 months time. Ok, it's not as comprehensive, but It's a one-man programming job, and I havent got 300 man-hours to spend writing something that won't make me any money. Besides you already know all the MAME games you've downloaded, you don't need some program to tell you. Ok, the shameless pimping stops now.

Its Here to download. Please even try it out, comment on my code, or if by some miracle you find it useful, and want some additions, or have some suggestions, then email seamustheseagull@hotmail.com me. Tanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Yay now i dont have to remember the name of the ****ing rom /me has about 140 mame roms
    and yes i do own the original arcade cabinets smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fair play, good work. Karma for you

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I have mame and I dont have to do that, just click on name of rom in lst and click load and it runs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds:
    I have mame and I dont have to do that, just click on name of rom in lst and click load and it runs</font>

funnily enough thats exactly what i do.
    although some of them dont work.
    i like those sex games where you draw the squares and stuff.
    cool smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Do you now? Well that's good. To honest though I prefer sex games with real women.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

True, but I find they get annoyed when you paint squares on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Much appreciated...I used to have rows of little icons (that I made myself smile.gif ) along my quick launch bar for each game...now I only need your little proggy. biggrin.gif

Life sucks, but does it swallow?

Tanx all. Spread de word if you like it, and tell everyone who you got it from. hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

what is MAME? eek.gif

• Advertisement

Multi Arcade Machine Emulator, or something to that effect. It's a really cool emulator that lets you play almost any arcade game you can possibly remember on your PC, and the games are free too! smile.gif

Lisa: I'm opposed to...uhh...proposition...304
    Kent Brockman: You're against discount buspasses for War Widows?
    Lisa: eh...You're damn right I am!
    (Later)
    Lisa(on tv): I was supposed to talk to about propostion 304...
    Homer(At home, fist clenched): Moochin' War widows!

Advertisement