Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Destination 2 / Ghost Ship

Options
  • 11-02-2003 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

Final Destination 2
    Anyone else seen this yet? It turned out to be pretty cool.

American "horror" films have been following this trend lately where they cut the gore and scary bits to give it a teenage-friendly rating. Not this one.

The death scenes are absolutely brilliant. You spend the whole film flinching waiting for the next horrible gruesome death. You know it's coming. Any second now.... BAM there is oh his guts are all over the place oh my god some girl just walked out of the cinema she's going to be sick.

I recommend it based solely on this. Gore. Death. Great.

The acting/story are a bit wobbly, but who cares. It's suspense and it's gross.

Ghost Ship

Bo-ring. Yawn. Whatever. Is it over yet? If you enjoyed Thirteen Ghosts (same director, same style) you *might* like this, but odds are you won't. Has a few cool scenes (the opening scene, the flashback-with-little-girl scene), but not enough to make it a good film. Gets worse as it goes along.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Cody Hanna

Final Destination 2 was a good way to pass some time, a few plot flaws, but worth seeing all the same.

Ghost ship was utter tripe. Is Gabriel Byrne now a z-list celeb? The worst bit was when Gabriel Byrne was
    telling the story of the Marie Celeste and not only did the guy who hired them say he never heard it before, but one of the salvage team was looking on awestruck as though it was something new to him. It's the Marie Celeste ffs, 4 year old kids know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i thought Final Destination 2 was funnier than scary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cody, absolutely, plot holes aaall over the place
    Why did they kill off Gabriel Byrne so quickly/easily? Very poor. Though you have to admit the opening scene was cool, slide and dice!

Koneko, you're right. Opening scene was excellent.
    When the girl flashbacks to what happened is pretty good too. All those twists

Pity the rest of the film didn't live up to this.
    Gabriel Byrne's death did seem pretty rushed. Director obviously felt the film was overstretching it's audience toleration limit, and wanted to finish it quickly

Overall I thought it was predictable and guessed who was gonna be the 'baddie' close enough to the start. I'm happy that there are a lot more horror/thriller films being released recently, but so many of them have similar plots, in different settings, e.g. Ghost ship and Deathwatch , and it's easy to guess who the 'baddie' is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ghost Ship Questions:

How did Juliana Margulies survive the explosion of the ship? By hiding under water inside the ship?!?

How did she survive floating along in the Bering sea? After 10 minutes, she'd have hypothermia....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

spoiler:after seeing the start of Ghost ship, the bit in FD2 was amusing and i even laughed

She didn't

She was a ghost

That's the ending I want to remember anyway. Better than worrying about flaws in a bad film.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

13 ghosts was a joke ! only film i ever walked out on !

Advertisement