Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beck!

• 11-02-2003 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Beck is playing the Ambassador May 1st. Tickets on Sale tomorrow at 34.50 each.

Why oh why does my best mate make me best man for his wedding on May 1st. Hopefully he will announce a second date (Beck, not my mate)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

stupid exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

On the ticket master site it says "beck, a solo preformance" does that mean no support bands or beck on his own with a guitar, with no back band? Which for 34 euro would be kind of a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

bah.. flaming lips were supporting the tour everywhere else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by artvandelay
    On the ticket master site it says "beck, a solo preformance" does that mean no support bands or beck on his own with a guitar, with no back band? Which for 34 euro would be kind of a rip off.

Seriously does anyone know about this? I saw Beck live two years ago and it was a great show (there were 15 people on stage...) but without the band it's gonna suck.

Also, how's the latest album which I didn't have the chance to hear yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Be there with Becks on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

my second name is Beck, do i get in for free?
    him solo would be sh!t also 34euro is a rip

ferdi beck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

the anser my own question, its looking like it beck on his own with a acoustic guitar, as according to the NME he's also doin two gigs in england a few day before the dublin gig with just him on his own with a acoustic guitar. Charging 34 euro for this ?

Originally posted by artvandelay
    its looking like it beck on his own with a acoustic guitar

This stinks.... 34 eurons? No way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

there's a second gig the day after BTW

mmm

beck solo > band, that's cos i'm a pathetic Beck obsessive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Morello
    This stinks.... 34 eurons? No way!!!

I'm sure it's not Beck that's fixing the price so high, more like those fu<ks MCD, they own the Ambassador so they can charge what they like. God they make me mad.

• Advertisement

also ticketmaster and their 'bending over surcharge' :mad: :mad:

works out at 37.50 :eek:

Originally posted by eth0_
    I'm sure it's not Beck that's fixing the price so high, more like those fu<ks MCD, they own the Ambassador so they can charge what they like. God they make me mad.

Yeah I understand that.... I'm just *mad* because I saw Beck with the whole band a few years ago and it was kick ass.
    Apart from the money it;s disappointing he's playing solo.

disappointing ???
    it's undiluted beck !!
    it's the beck i fell in love with (platonically) with stuff like one foot in the grave, sterepathetic soul manure and his KCRW radio sessions :)

mmm

I see.... It's just that I enjoyed a lot the show at the time and I would have loved to see it again, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

I'd love to see Beck with his whole band. I missed him both times he was playing here, coz I was out of the country. Odelay is still Becks finest though. Great album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

He has announced a second date. May 2nd. Still a solo acoustic gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

The tickets are expensive but, I mean, most concerts are these days. Plus, it should be something special and unique.

However, I would prefer live Beck instead. Moreso a European jaunt with The Flaming Lips, which he did last year in the US.

There were plans to bring over the Beck/Flaming Lips tour to Europe last year, however Beck decided against it allegedly because his latest album 'Sea Change' wasn't doing well in terms of sales...

Advertisement