Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Project ( valves! )

• 11-02-2003 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Can anyone help me here with the valves for the air compressor..
    What valve is the best to make? no valve is gonna work fully..
    the ball-bearing non-return valve is good but still lets some air leak thru.. cuz i guy in my class made 2 this week..
    hey does anyone reckon they'll get the project to work.. i seriously doubt it.. they can hardly expect us to make proper valves.. we dont even have a milling machine.. and our lathe is 25 years old.. septic!
    please help with this.. also for the safety cut off.. whats the best material to make the diaphragm with.??. ( if anyone is doing it that way??)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Well, I'm using solenoids to make my valves work. (Power on, a little piece of perspex is pulled onto the alum block I milled out)
    They don't actually work (heh!) because the solenoids aren't powerful enough to form a reasonable seal, and I don't have time to make any other kind of valve, so my comtraption won't actually compress anything, but it should satisfy the other requirements.

Advertisement