Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accenture - An info

• 11-02-2003 11:53pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Anyone know of what these guys are like to work for, I have a mate going for interview there. Think they were Anderson Consulting before this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i did some temp contract work for them when they were andersen insulting and accenture, i realy didnt like the working env, they made it very difficult for myself all the other contractors there, and from what id heard the full time guys wernt treated much better.

i have done a lot of temp work for a wide range of companies and im my opinion they were by far the worst to work for...

they may have changed thier ways since... its worth some looking in to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Of working for one of the 'Big Five' (KPMG, Accenture, Deloite's, etc.) it can be said if you are both farmed out as a consultant by them and a graduate, you'll be worked to the bone. Full stop.

Of course, stick that out for at least two years without buring out and you'll be able to leave an command a good salary elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

A friend of mine works for them in London and she loves it. Says everybody is very friendly etc. Not sure about the work though, I know they were sending her on a lot of training courses.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have heard alright they work to the bone, that would be very off putting BUT the auld job market is in shi£

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Ever see the film " The Firm", well look no further, they take people that can take orders but not necessarily give them, and tune themn to there liking... make you work like a dog and sooner or later you find you have nothing in common with the people you used to consider firends because they dont work for Accenture....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I know a few people in Accenture. Which industry?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Consulting side of things, software development.

Advertisement