Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P.A System ?

• 12-02-2003 1:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How much for a semi-decent second hand P.A system ? Mainly for 2 guitars, 2 singers and a bass. don't think the drums will need micing up for a while.

Slaanesh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You could probably do with getting a few 100w amps, might suit you better for a practice situation. Most gig venues provide there own P.A's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

You'd probably pick one up for about a grand maybe less. You need something about 1000 watts or 800 ish.

As for just Amps..doesnt work,you dont get levels set properly plus you get **** vocals putting them through an amp, you get **** backing vocals and generaly everything ends up very loud and stupid,P.A. is the best investment a band can make,to hear exactly what you sound like,and to get decent levels at practice.

Look in the Buy N Sell

NeM

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

apparently Music Technology Ireland, address 28 North Lotts, Dublin (could someone tell me where the **** this is?) have "full PA's starting from 300 quid." Sounds good... if only i could find the shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I think that place is gone a while now, it was on the corner. theres a place on Capel Street called Sounds around , i got my PA from them a few years back, nice blokes.they do some secondhand stuff too.

gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ohh, yeah and the North lotts are the lanes behind SuperMacs on Oconnell st

• Advertisement
Advertisement