Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game designs.

Options
  • 18-08-2001 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

If u cud, what kind of game wud u make? I'd make an attempt @ Dungeon Keeper 3 frown.gif combining some others ideas and my own(Multi level playing,new creatures,traps enviorments and the like.).What wud u do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

A full online universe,
    somthing like x-wing meets everquest

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh a full online galaxy - 8 planets , with interstellar travel taking place between your home planet and other planets , with uncharted planets ripe for piliging and warring factions have ground , air and space battles.

«Donal|R

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ever hear of dark sector?? its a online fps being made by the guys who did UT its all about a online galaxy with spaceships etc.

-Me...hmmm gimme a sec to think. I did say earlier i would like a game where instead of hordes of bad guys you would have fifteen who u can freely tackle anyway heres how it goes:

real life situation with some action movie style story and hero. You've got a group of terrorists/soldiers/prisoners preparing for something big... But there isint a horde of them just fifteen or so. You automatically get set up against the first to get the story rolling. After that you've got X amount of hours before they rob/escape/destroy something. And u gotta solve the mystery kill all 15 including the main guy and save your partner and other action movie moments. The cool thing about it would be. A small free roaming city/building/airplane/place of some sort. YOu can have it like Die hard with you having to avoid them most of the time while trying to get help or find a way to stop them. Getting into fights with them would lead to proper gun fights were the only item making your character better then them is you skillz as a gamer. So lots of intense dueling fights. You would have your action moments like fighting while falling off the building or down a elevator shaft. You can apply this formula to the horror genre aswell, instead of hunderds of aliens have 1. And your job is to kill it while stopping it from killing your crew of 20 people. So lots of puzzles trying to stop it killing people and running yourself away from it (no big guns sorry) To a finale bast it out the airlock scene. It would be the movie genre and the formula to make it work are : AI, atmosphere, and good level design.

I have other ideas but i'll post em later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

World War 3 Online-

Every battle you fight affects the overall outcome of the game. You could pick from from the United States of America and its NATO partners, The European Union, Russian Federation, Peoples Republic of China and of course-Sealand.

You'd fight in a FPS-like Operation Flashpoint. Imagine the tense fire fights as you try to take a single town, flying over enemy territory and carpet bombing cities, crawling threw burnt out buildings. I can see a game like this, or a game of its magnitude come along some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

That reminded me of this idea i had...

Your a soldier in ww2 you in the first game your american (apease te mass) and you go through training. Depending on how well u do u get a position, hte hardest being sniper etc. If u do terrible u get stuck as pyro. Now your randomly chosen a starting position and platoon and is dropped in at some point of either the normandy campiegn or the italien campiegn and your mission...SURVIVE.

Your no hero you follow orders u go through hell and u must survive. You aint special everyone has the same health and chances of life. It comes down to how u think. Dont charge in, dont even attack on your own pass on info get good positions and survive the war. The point of the game is to survive in the worst place for the gaming time of 24 hours. U will experiance the greatest battles face unbeliavable odds. Become close to your comrades before they ar gunned down or will it be u? a advance geomod engine will make tanks something to fear airstrikes snipers and a hunderd or so generated maps tha span all of normandy and italy. Meet those who made history and try and kill them Rommal and Witman. A startagy game between the computer and itself plays in the background choosing who you face and where u go. Dive out of planes as part of the 101st airborne divison Land at normady THE REAL WAY, no health gauges or anything get hit and uer probably dead. Become a medic and save lifes or end up being one of them being saved. A saving system which will only save when you are in a no danger zone.

Imagine the feeling of true war not some general dream we have become to play but the real thign where mistakes are made and nothign matters but your life be a foot soldier in the time when you lifespan was near 0. This game will hit u hard in the emotional because i aim to make it as real as possible.

expansion packs:
    -Germany/Soviat Eastern front
    -Britain/Germnay/France -invasion france (includes joining of underground and doing covert)
    -Germany/Britain?America -The african front
    USA/Japan -Iwo jima and more.

Then the sequal will be vietnam making things worse with add on packs of korea and the gulf war

it will be sweeeeet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

n1 Blitz biggrin.gif

The training idea is good-it determines what part you will play. 24 hour games are a bit long-how bout 10 hour games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

24 hours

This is hardcore... biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 19-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Deus Ex.
    No honestly, a few months before I heard of it, I was thinking how much I'd like to make a game exactly like it.

btw there is a mmospace-sim. Microsoft made it I think, can't remeber the name though.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh its called allegiance

«Donal|R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

just to expand on augmersons idea-

everybody who plays (and the game would need thousands of ppl playing at once to work), would have a different role in the game. if you like flight sims/air combat games you can be a pilot in the air force. if you like fps you can be a footsoldier. if your particulary good at fps you might get into the armys crack squad (SAS, Navy seals etc..). you can drive a tank if you want. then there will be the guys who play the game from a command & conquer perspective, the generals and commanders who give all the orders. if your a footsoldier, you'll constantly be recieving orderds from your commander. then theres one guy for each country whos in charge of it all, like a Hitler or a Churchill. maybe the guys who make the game could be them...

neways, this kinda game would take a shltload of organisation and careful balance, but if someone could pull it off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

oh and blitz about the 15 bad guys only idea, i had the exact same idea! that would be shlt cool! smile.gif

Advertisement