Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest Katherine Kerr book

Options
  • 12-02-2003 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

has anyone seen the latest in the Deverry series ,called Snare which I believe came out in hardback this Jan ? what's it like ?

i've been following this series (never read any of her other stuff) for years and unlike many she is really really really slow in bringing out new books. For those who haven't read them i can recommend, and not only have you a huge cast of characters to remember you also have them in different incarnations / times to add to the puzzlement , it's a bit of a celtic zen reincarnation warstory with elves and dragons (worse paraphrase ever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Haven't read any of her books nor have I heard anything about them, is there a first or what would you recommend for a first time reader ?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Yeah I enjoyed that series very much. Must go out and get this one. Wonder if Nevin will be back? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

thanx 4 the fish: you're in for a treat , think it starts way way back (like 8 books ago) with Dawnspell , Daggerspell and Darkspell

well worth a read if you are into the Feist / Hobb / Williams genre

ever read the Keltia series from Patricia Kenneally (?) ex-witch-bird of Jim Morrissons ? thats quite a good one also if you like your irish mythology

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Thanks Grwol, will have a mozy down to Ye olde bookstore later and see what I can see...

Advertisement